The biggest game in the world, 'Fortnite,' is finally coming to the Nintendo Switch
- "Fortnite" is headed to the Nintendo Switch - a perfect marriage of an absurdly popular game with an absurdly popular game console.
- Nintendo announced the news at E3 2018, the annual video game industry trade show, in Los Angeles.
- The game's arrival on Switch has been hotly anticipated by fans - and even some celebrities.
It's finally happening: "Fortnite" is coming to the Nintendo Switch. And it's coming out immediately, at 10 a.m. PT on Tuesday morning.
Nintendo announced the news on Tuesday morning during its annual briefing at E3, the video game industry trade show held in Los Angeles.
Like with every other platform that "Fortnite" is available on, the game's wildly popular Battle Royale mode will be free-to-play on the Switch as well.
Keep hearing about "Fortnite" and don't know what it is?
The part of "Fortnite" that's so incredibly popular is the Battle Royale mode, which pits 100 real players against each other in a kill-or-be-killed scenario. The last person to survive wins the round - a so-called "Victory Royale."
The game mixes third-person shooting in a surreal, cartoony world with the ability to rapidly construct structures. It's a complex, silly, and - most importantly - free game that's available on nearly every platform: PC, Mac, iPhone/iPad, Xbox One, and PlayStation 4. It's headed to Android devices this summer.
And now, it's also on the Nintendo Switch.
- Family stands to lose nearly $6,000 in airfare and hotel costs after they were bumped from an overbooked cruise ship
- A Trump spokeswoman mocked Pete Buttigieg's military service in a Memorial Day weekend spat with Ron DeSantis
- Flyers are 'skiplagging' to try and save money on flight tickets. Airlines hate it.
- Ambati Rayudu announces retirement from IPL
- Data protection bill to drive deep behavioural changes for platforms exploiting data: Chandrasekhar
- MS Dhoni set to play 250th IPL match of his career
- Samsung Galaxy A34 5G review: A Mid-range marvel
- 10 ways to reduce your home loan EMI burden