The biggest Golden Globes snubs of the year - from 'Logan' to 'The Big Sick'
Nicole Rivelli/Sundance Institute
- The Golden Globe nominations were announced Monday morning.
- The competition was tough this year, particularly in the film categories, which means there were a lot of snubs.
- After a breakthrough year for female directors, none were nominated in the best director category.
Unfortunately some of the year's most notable movies, shows, performances, and directors were snubbed by the Golden Globes this year.
Nominations for the 75th Golden Globe Awards were announced Monday morning at the Beverly Hilton Hotel in Los Angeles.
And while not everyone can get a nomination, there were still quite a few disappointing snubs this year.
NBC's innovative comedy "The Good Place" is going places no other network comedy has before, but isn't recognized at all. "Logan," one of the best and most critically acclaimed films of the year, didn't manage to get any nominations despite powerful performances and an excellent screenplay. "Get Out" got several nominations including best motion picture (in the comedy category), but Jordan Peele didn't get nominated for the award the movie deserves most: best screenplay. The romantic comedy "The Big Sick" was a fresh take on the genre and was expected to get several nominations, but didn't get any.
And zero women were nominated in the best director category, despite some of the year's best movies being directed by women including Greta Gerwig ("Lady Bird"), Patty Jenkins ("Wonder Woman"), and Dee Rees ("Mudbound").
The Golden Globes ceremony will air January 7 at 8 p.m. EST on NBC, with Seth Meyers hosting.
Here are all the snubs for the 2018 Golden Globes:
- Meet the Indian-origin women CEOs who are leading the way for major global companies
- SuperRare NFT sells for more than $2 million — a 20,000-fold increase in value over three years
- Microsoft to skill 1 lakh Indians in cybersecurity by 2022
- Love procrastinating? It can help you earn Rs 1 lakh by applying for Chief Excuse Officer at Cultbike.fit
- Google and Microsoft hiring interns in India — Check out eligibility, job descriptions and other details