The cheapest iPhone you can buy now is the iPhone 8 starting at $450
- Apple announced the latest iPhone on Tuesday, the iPhone 11.
- Alongside the announcement of the iPhone 11, the two-year-old iPhone 8 immediately became the least expensive iPhone in production, with a starting price of $450.
- The full iPhone lineup now starts at $450 and goes all the way to $1,449 for a maxed-out iPhone 11 Pro Max.
- Visit Business Insider's homepage for more stories.
As of Tuesday, Apple's least expensive iPhone is now the iPhone 8 - Apple's flagship iPhone from 2017.
The iPhone 11 starts at $700, and the iPhone 8 starts at just $450.Here's the full lineup, care of Apple:
The iPhone 8, first introduced in September 2017, was the last major flagship phone from Apple before the smartphone maker drastically changed the iPhone design with the iPhone X.
To that end, the iPhone 8 is the last iPhone that Apple sells with a Home button and bezels.
That said, the iPhone X and iPhone 8 launched in the same year and featured very similar internal hardware. Despite looking distinctly different, the phones were remarkably similar in terms of capability - they were powered by the same A11 Bionic chip and had the same 64 GB of storage.And now, just a few years later, the iPhone 8 is a powerful smartphone with a far more attractive price: Just $450 to start.
Apple's most expensive iPhone? If you max-out the iPhone 11 Pro Max, it comes to $1,449.
See below for how Apple's big event unfolded:
- This is the iPhone 11
- These are Apple's new iPhones: the iPhone 11, iPhone 11 Pro, and iPhone 11 Pro Max
- Apple just unveiled a new 10-inch iPad launching later this month for $329
- People are roasting Apple for trying to make 'slofies' happen
- Apple just announced a new Apple Watch with an always-on display for the first time ever
- Apple's new subscription gaming service launches September 19 and costs $5 per month
- Apple's streaming service, Apple TV Plus, will cost just $5 a month when it launches November 1
- Here's everything that happened at Apple's huge iPhone 11 launch event