The editor in chief of a magazine that reaches more than 16 million people worldwide shares her best career advice
The publication is the biggest fashion magazine in the world, with 44 international editions that reach over 16 million women globally through its print, digital, mobile, and social platforms.
Recently, Myers let Business Insider's Madeline Stone and Sarah Jacobs shadow her for a day, from her early morning juice to her many, many meetings.
Before they left, she shared her best career advice:
"You should not be trying to get the big job, you should be trying to get the next job.
"You should be getting good at what you're doing. If you spend years frustrated that your talents are not being put to good use, that's kind of on you. You should figure out how to put them to good use in your current position.
And, she added, "just get everyone's phone number, because as you go through your life, you'll think of a reason to call them up."
- A 'hole' 30 times Earth's size has spread across the sun, blasting solar winds that'll hit our planet by end of this week
- A former Twitter engineer said they watched colleagues 'drop like flies' from a virtual meeting during Elon Musk's mass layoffs
- Finland is offering free vacations for people to come and learn how to be happy after being named the happiest country in the world
- Best water purifiers to buy in India 2023
- Desk-bombing, monk mode & other emerging trends at the workplace
- Crypto exchange Binance temporarily suspends all spot trading
- Samsung unveils Galaxy F14 5G with 6000 mAh battery in India
- Haircut on cases resolved through IBC not very encouraging, says Kotak report