The Huffington Post Makes Over $200 Million In Annual Revenue
He wouldn't say exactly how much it's making, but did not object when interviewer Henry Blodget presented him with a hypothetical revenue figure of $200 million.
By way of comparison, the New York Times reported about $362 million in revenue last quarter.
AOL bought HuffPo for $315 million in 2011, and got some criticism at the time for how much it spent on a new and relatively untested media property.
But the site now has 81 million worldwide monthly viewers, according to AOL, which is the kind of massive audience that's very hard to build.
"There's no way we could rebuild the Huffington Post now for even a multiple of what we bought it for," Armstrong said. It's a long-term play, he told the audience.
- DBS Bank’s custom financing leads the way for companies trying to reach net-zero goals
- Republic Day 2022 – Here is a list of wishes and messages you can send to your fellow citizens
- The world's 5 richest tech tycoons — including Elon Musk, Jeff Bezos, and Bill Gates — have already lost about $85 billion this year amid a brutal market sell-off
- Brands celebrate Republic Day with patriotic fervour
- OPINION: Tax consolidation schemes is the need of the hour for India’s renewable energy sector
- Air India's new policy on pre-flight weight checks is not going well with its staff
- Anand Mahindra responds after farmer's humiliation at SUV showroom
- MakeMyTrip's founder Deep Kalra moves into a chief mentor role