The Huffington Post Makes Over $200 Million In Annual Revenue
He wouldn't say exactly how much it's making, but did not object when interviewer Henry Blodget presented him with a hypothetical revenue figure of $200 million.
By way of comparison, the New York Times reported about $362 million in revenue last quarter.
AOL bought HuffPo for $315 million in 2011, and got some criticism at the time for how much it spent on a new and relatively untested media property.
But the site now has 81 million worldwide monthly viewers, according to AOL, which is the kind of massive audience that's very hard to build.
"There's no way we could rebuild the Huffington Post now for even a multiple of what we bought it for," Armstrong said. It's a long-term play, he told the audience.
- ICICI Bank market-cap hits ₹6 lakh crore as its stock rises to a record high
- Jio, Airtel could emerge stronger weakening Vodafone Idea further, say analysts
- Foreign investors pour over Rs 12,000 cr in Indian equity in last 10 days
- IPO-bound OYO acquires Denmark's holiday home chain Bornholmske Feriehuse
- Sensex rallies 580 points, buoyed by intense buying in IT, bank stocks