The Indian government may shortlist 14 more educational institutes for ‘eminence’ tag
- The Indian government is likely to announce names of 14 more institutes that can get the ‘Insitute of Eminence status.’
- It had earlier decided to bestow with the high- value status 20 institutions but it ended up selecting only six as most of the institutions were not eligible to be considered for the Eminence status.
- Some of the public institutions being considered by the government include IIT-Madras, Delhi University,
Jadavpur University, IIT-Kharagpur and Anna University.
The government is likely to announce the shortlisted names of the educational institutes as soon as the assembly polls in the state of
Empowered Expert Committee (EEC) had decided to accord six universities with the status of ‘Institute of Eminence’. While the government had earlier decided to list 20 institutes — 10 public institutes and 10 private institutes, it selected only six educational institutes because it didn’t find the rest of the institute to be fit for the Eminence tag.
The process to shortlist the names of institutions is still in progress and the committee has still not submitted the report, said Economic Times citing EEC chairperson N Gopalaswami
Among the public institutes on government’s radar include IIT-Madras, Delhi University, Jadavpur University, IIT-Kharagpur and Anna University.
According to the report, the government may also shortlist KREA University and another greenfield varsity like the Jio Institute. Some other names which may be considered are
Microsoft is offering the highest salaries to India’s IIT graduates for international roles: Report
Researchers at India’s top engineering college have built an algorithm to filter fake social media rumours during national disasters
Indian Institute of Technology researchers are developing a smartphone-based sensor that detects milk adulteration
Popular on BI
- Elizabeth Holmes ordered dinners for Theranos staff but made sure they weren't delivered until after 8 p.m. so they worked late: book
- The CEO of software giant Intuit, which has avoided mass layoffs, says tech firms axed jobs because they misread the pandemic
- I flew cross-country with my 5-month-old son on my lap. Next time, I'm paying full price for him to have his own seat.
- Major train accidents that India witnessed in last 15 years
- Odisha rail crash: Rescuers try to raise buried coach, death toll at 238
- Largest road networks in the world – India beats China to take the second spot
- Manoj Bajpayee joins the league of on-screen lawyers like Pankaj Tripathi, Shriya Pilgaonkar & more
- List of famous things to buy in Lonavala