The latest rumors about Apple's upcoming iPhones are here - here's what's new
- A new set of iPhone rumors suggests Apple is releasing three new models this year.
- Two of the phones could get Apple Pencil support, according to the report.
- Apple announces new iPhones in September.
A new set of iPhone predictions is out from TrendForce, a market research firm focusing on computer components like DRAM and NAND Flash.
TrendForce believes Apple is preparing three new iPhone models for a launch this year, matching previous rumors and predictions.
The iPhones could come in three sizes, according to the report: One with a 5.8-inch screen, one with a 6.1-inch screen, and one with a 6.5-inch screen.
The least-expensive and most common iPhone is likely to be the device with the 6.1-inch screen, TrendForce predicts, because it uses a less expensive LCD screen. The other two devices will probably use OLED displays, like the current iPhone X, which have better color and blacks, and Trendforce expects them to have 4GB of RAM.
The report also suggests that the two premium devices could support Apple Pencil, a stylus that can currently be used with the iPad Pro.
All three phones will have Face ID, Apple's 3D camera for unlocking the phone using facial recognition, which enables the screen to stretch across the entire front of the device, except for a "notch" on the top.
Here's how TrendForce sees the prices shaking out:
5.8-inch iPhone: $899-$949
6.1-inch iPhone: $699-$749
6.5-inch iPhone: $999
Apple has launched new iPhones in September for the past six years. "All three models are expected to be shipped in September and October as previously scheduled," TrendForce wrote in the report.
TrendForce's predictions are in line with other reports about the upcoming iPhone. The remaining open question is what Apple decides to call its lineup of devices.
NOW WATCH: Why bathroom sensors suck
- Elizabeth Holmes ordered dinners for Theranos staff but made sure they weren't delivered until after 8 p.m. so they worked late: book
- My twin and I were in separate classrooms in school. Our joint math lesson made me realize how silly that was.
- 2,000 years before 'manscaping' and smooth armpits, the Romans were seriously into hair removal, archaeological findings show
- Best flagship phones in India in 2023
- Small Size Bluetooth speakers in India
- IIT Madras tops Indian institute ranking fifth year in a row – here are the top 10
- Best tablets under ₹5000 in India
- Speedy, small loan market sees Muthoot Microfin make an entry