The latest rumors about Apple's upcoming iPhones are here - here's what's new
- A new set of iPhone rumors suggests Apple is releasing three new models this year.
- Two of the phones could get Apple Pencil support, according to the report.
- Apple announces new iPhones in September.
A new set of iPhone predictions is out from TrendForce, a market research firm focusing on computer components like DRAM and NAND Flash.
TrendForce believes Apple is preparing three new iPhone models for a launch this year, matching previous rumors and predictions.
The iPhones could come in three sizes, according to the report: One with a 5.8-inch screen, one with a 6.1-inch screen, and one with a 6.5-inch screen.
The least-expensive and most common iPhone is likely to be the device with the 6.1-inch screen, TrendForce predicts, because it uses a less expensive LCD screen. The other two devices will probably use OLED displays, like the current iPhone X, which have better color and blacks, and Trendforce expects them to have 4GB of RAM.
The report also suggests that the two premium devices could support Apple Pencil, a stylus that can currently be used with the iPad Pro.
All three phones will have Face ID, Apple's 3D camera for unlocking the phone using facial recognition, which enables the screen to stretch across the entire front of the device, except for a "notch" on the top.
Here's how TrendForce sees the prices shaking out:
5.8-inch iPhone: $899-$949
6.1-inch iPhone: $699-$749
6.5-inch iPhone: $999
Apple has launched new iPhones in September for the past six years. "All three models are expected to be shipped in September and October as previously scheduled," TrendForce wrote in the report.
NOW WATCH: Why bathroom sensors suck
- 'Quiet quitting' is a bad idea, experts say. Here are 6 things you can do instead to get the same results if you're looking for better work-life balance – or to lighten your workload
- Wipro, Infosys, Tech Mahindra revoke offer letters given to freshers: Reports
- Reliance Jio and Airtel 5G prices may be affordable for now but expected to increase after wider rollout
- Redmi Pad Review: A decent tablet for the masses
- Electronics Mart India IPO is subscribed 1.69 times on day 1
- Big B’s best movies are back on the big screens - Here are 11 you can watch
- Reliance Jio to begin beta trial of 5G in four cities on Dussehra with unlimited data
- With 950 billionaires, Asia outnumbers all other regions: Forbes