The most shocking parts of working at Tesla, according to current and former employees
Spencer Platt / Getty Images
- Tesla employees have expressed a wide range of opinions about what it's like to work at the electric-car maker.
- Some have found the company an exciting and inspiring place to work, while others have found CEO Elon Musk to be a frustrating and temperamental boss.
- Business Insider spoke with nine current and former Tesla employees who shared what shocked them most about working at the company.
- Visit Business Insider's homepage for more stories.
The company is known as a demanding place to work, due in part to the high expectations of CEO Elon Musk, and employees have expressed a wide range of opinions about what it's like to work there. Some have found their jobs exciting and inspiring, while others have found Musk a frustrating and temperamental boss.
Business Insider spoke with nine current and former Tesla employees who shared what shocked them most about working at the company. Each of them was granted anonymity due to a fear of reprisal from Tesla.
Are you a current or former Tesla employee? Do you have an opinion about what it's like to work there? Contact this reporter at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Get the latest Tesla stock price here.
Tesla talked about worker safety, but didn't practice it
How much employees loved Elon Musk
How often Musk was around
Things changed quickly
An unusual compensation structure for service technicians
Tesla ran like a startup
How the cars were produced
Tesla's old production methods
How amazing the cars are
- Over 60 schools in and around Bengaluru receive bomb threat, students evacuated safely
- TVS Motor Co sales rise 31% to 3,64,231 units in November
- Johnny Depp unknowingly taught Ranveer Singh the craft of acting
- Midcap index rising for last 21 sessions, hitting fresh highs since November 16
- Global smartwatch shipments up 9% in Q3, Fire-Boltt & Huawei hit new highs: Report