The new 'God of War' on PS4 is the first must-play game of 2018
In 2017, the game to play was "The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild" - a sweeping epic that set a standard for the entire year.
In 2018, that game is the new "God of War" - an incredible, similarly epic journey that I just spent two weeks playing more or less non-stop.
Simply put: If you own a PlayStation 4 (and over 70 million of you do!), "God of War" is a must-own, must-play game.
A quick briefer on the "God of War" series:
The new game — simply named "God of War," like the original — is a reboot.Advertisement
The first thing I was struck by is how incredibly gorgeous it is. Outside of racing games, "God of War" is likely the best looking game on the PlayStation 4.
"God of War" is smart. Right from the first fight, "God of War" forces you to fight intelligently rather than just jamming on buttons.Advertisement
The game's story is actually interesting, and the game's characters are actually characters.
The world of "God of War" — a Norse mythology-based Midgard — is appropriately epic and mysterious.Advertisement
Don't worry: Atreus is a massive help to Kratos, not a companion that gets in the way.
"God of War" launches on April 20, only on the PlayStation 4, and it costs $60. Missing it would be a tremendous mistake. Take a look at the game in action right here:Advertisement
- The decision not to have a kid is personal — but the social pressure against the choice is all-pervasive
- K'taka budget will focus on welfare of women & their development: CM
- Global consumer spending on apps to reach $270 billion annually by 2025
- Farmers announce series of Mahapanchayats in March
- Huawei aims to make electric cars later this year