The new Shanghai Disneyland has its own secret, super-exclusive dinner club
The members-only club is a highly-secretive dining experience that first opened in Disneyland in 1967.
While Tokyo Disneyland and the original Disneyland in California both have Club 33s, park officials have been mum about the club's status in Shanghai.
But according to the Los Angeles Times, which did some digging, it appears that the club has a Shanghai location as well.
Michael Chase, a senior project manager with Walt Disney Imagineering and the designer of Disneytown's Walt Disney Grand Theatre, shared a photo on his Instagram account with the location tagged at Club 33 Shanghai Disneyland.
Other folks spotted a door labeled with the number 33.
And someone else posted a photo of drink with the location also tagged as Club 33 Shanghai Disneyland.
The LA Times also saw that Willow Bay, director of the Annenberg School of Journalism at USC and wife of Disney Chief Executive Bob Iger, shared a photo of guests entering the park.
First official guests streaming into #ShanghaiDisneyland pic.twitter.com/uEETR1tGd6- Willow Bay (@Willow_Bay) June 16, 2016
When asked by LA Times reporter Julie Makinen if the view was from Club 33, Bay said yes.
@JulieMakLAT yes, it sure is.- Willow Bay (@Willow_Bay) June 17, 2016
There are a rumored 500 members on the roster at the original Club 33 at Disneyland. More than 800 more are on the waiting list, hoping to be invited to pay a $25,000 joining fee and a $10,000-a-year membership fee.
- A millennial who became a millionaire after the 2008 crash says building wealth is about more than opportunistic investing. You also have to make lifestyle changes and load up on side hustles.
- OnePlus Nord CE 3 leaks ahead of launch – specs, expected launch date and more
- A 53-year-old longevity researcher says his 'biological age' is a decade younger thanks to 4 daily habits — but the science behind them is mixed
- Learning AI can be lucrative: Freshers’ annual pay is ₹10-14 lakh in India, says TeamLease Digital report
- CoCo bonds fall sharply over Credit Suisse deal
- Date night conversations to diet charts – 10 things ChatGPT can help you with
- Gold is bankable, shines more than some western banks say experts
- Fear of financial crisis is keeping investors away from stock markets say experts