The Oscar accountants responsible for the best-picture mistake are getting death threats
TMZ is reporting that PricewaterhouseCoopers accountants Brian Cullinan and Martha Ruiz and their families are now being shadowed by bodyguards after they received death threats.
The threats came via social media and read "You f---ing idiot, i will f--- you every day" and "I hope you get fired and get cancer," according to the outlet.
PwC hired the security for the two disgraced accountants and their families after pictures of Cullinan and Ruiz's homes surfaced online.
Cullinan and Ruiz were the PwC accountants who were in charge of holding and passing out the winning envelopes on Oscar night.
Cullinan gave presenters Warren Beatty and Faye Dunaway the wrong envelope to award the best-picture winner. Photos show that Cullinan was backstage tweeting at the time Beatty and Dunaway incorrectly said "La La Land" won best picture instead of the real winner, "Moonlight."
- Unlocking the secret to weight loss with coconut oil: A delicious journey to health
- Kia India to hike Seltos, Carens prices by up to 2% from Oct
- Motorola Edge 40 Neo with with vegan leather back hits the Indian market
- Indian aviation regulator suspends Air India's Chief of Flight Safety
- Checkout the ICC Cricket world cup 2023 matches that will be played in Bengaluru