The PR 50: The best public-relations people in the tech industry in 2016
PR people have been known to "spin" reporters (giving information that may or may not be 100% truthful) or bombard journalists with irrelevant emails, press releases, and phone calls.
On the flip side, journalists are a difficult, surly, and cantankerous group of people to work with.
But there are PR people who do know their jobs. Who do understand news. Who do work to uncover important stories at their companies. Who do handle the difficult questions and investigations honestly.
These are the people that make a journalist's work immeasurably better. The following list is comprised of people who are influential in the tech industry and have proven themselves to be good partners to tech journalists, according to the tech journalist community.
We received almost two hundred nominations and narrowed that down to 61 semi-finalists, from which this final 50 were selected.
And once a year, we dedicate a much deserved shout-out to them all.
- How OnlyFans star Riley Reid plans to 'immortalize' herself using AI
- A leading supplement researcher says she doesn't take any — because she's getting what she needs from her vegan diet
- Mattel rolled out a Barbie to honor a late Cherokee Nation chief with a language error on the box that says 'chicken' instead of 'Cherokee'
- ICC Rankings: Ravi Bishnoi becomes world's No.1 T20I bowler
- Adani Group to invest USD 75 bn to scale up AGEL's RE portfolio to 45 GW: Gautam Adani
- Air India rejigs 250-aircraft Airbus order
- Retail trumps corporate lending as small-ticket loans see fourfold jump in past two years
- Exploring the nutritional marvel of Gond laddu: A winter delight