The RealReal says shoppers can't get enough of these 10 brands
Christian Vierig/Getty Images
- Gucci took the top spot on a list of the most searched brands in luxury resale released this week by The RealReal.
- The brand was also at the top of the Lyst Index's ranking of the hottest fashion brands for the second quarter of 2019.
- Louis Vuitton and Chanel rounded out the top three spots on The RealReal's list.
- Visit Business Insider's homepage for more stories.
Brand-new or secondhand, Gucci continues to dominate the luxury retail market.
The brand is the most searched-for on The RealReal, according to a new report released this week by the luxury consignment company. Demand for Gucci products is up 78% year-over-year for both men and women, thanks largely to a rabid millennial fanbase, the report found.
"Gucci has successfully created a brand that resonates by reflecting the values of its growing community," Rati Levesque, COO of The RealReal, wrote in the report. "It's taken bold stances like going fur-free, driven civic action and supported gender equality. That, coupled with bold maximalism that continues to feel unique among a crowded field of luxury labels vying to win with millennials, has established Gucci as the luxury brand for a new generation."
The most coveted Gucci items, tracked by the number of times The RealReal users "liked" a product, are accessories like handbags and belts.
Brands like Gucci are cashing in on the booming resale market, which is expected to reach $51 billion globally by 2023. According to The RealReal - the first resale company to go public when it filed its IPO in June - 32% of customers say they shop at the company as a replacement for fast fashion.
"We're seeing resale shift people's shopping habits in the primary market," Allison Sommer, director of strategic initiatives at The RealReal, wrote in the report. "As shoppers get savvier about how they invest and the impact what they're buying has on the planet, they're turning to luxury resale as both a replacement for fast fashion and a barometer of value."
Here are The RealReal's top 10 most searched luxury brands:
9. Christian Louboutin
7. Christian Dior
2. Louis Vuitton
- A Google employee of 11 years says he and his wife stared at each other in 'disbelief' when they realized they'd both been laid off by the company
- Mark Zuckerberg reportedly said he doesn't like seeing 'managers managing managers,' fueling speculation of more layoffs
- The future of banking is entirely digital
- Study find out the potential cause of dementia
- Odisha Health Minister shot at by police officer
- Rajinikanth issues public notice on infringement of rights, warns legal action
- Govt likely to float global tender for HPV vaccine in April; Merck, Serum Institute may participate
- Finance Ministry to stick to privatisation of already announced CPSEs next fiscal