The Ridiculous Supercars Of The Dubai Police Force
The force has been building up its vehicle fleet recently, and it's not worrying about cost, adding a Lamborghini, Ferrari, Mercedes-Benz,
There's little practical use for a two-seat police car — where do you keep suspects under arrest? — but the force has said the outrageous vehicles serve to "enhance its patrolling abilities."
No, that doesn't mean they're for high-speed car chases. "We have never exceeded the speed limit on the highway," Lt. Mariam Al Kaabi told Abu Dhabi's The National.
Rather, Dubai's police chief reportedly said on Twitter, the ultra-expensive rides were selected for "acting classy with people."
- Gas stoves create more nanoparticle pollution than a busy street with diesel and gas cars, study finds
- Climate change could cause millions of children to be born prematurely, suffer lifelong complications
- Markets record rally makes investors richer by ₹4.29 lakh crore
- From undernutrition to obesity, Lancet study unveils India's double whammy
- GST collections in February rise 12.5% to cross ₹1.68 lakh crore