The Rock opens up about his possible presidential run - and he already has an amazing slogan
Following a GQ cover story in which the "Baywatch" star said it's a "real possibility" that he could one day run for president of the United States, the response has been overwhelmingly positive on the internet.
"The groundswell has been amazing and I have to tell you I'm so incredibly flattered," Johnson told Jimmy Fallon on "The Tonight Show" Thursday. "There's a national poll that came out this week that brought together Republicans and Democrats in saying that I would beat Donald Trump if we had an election today to become president. I really have been blown away."
That's right. In a poll looking at a hypothetical election between the two now, Johnson had 42 percent support over Trump's 37 percent.
But, honestly, with Trump's job approval rating at a historic low, it seems possible Don Johnson could beat out Trump in a poll right now.
However, if you're looking for more hints that The Rock is beginning to seriously consider a presidential run, his comments to Fallon about why people are looking to him as a possible candidate certainly sound like those of a politician.
"A lot of people want to see a different leadership today - no, I'm sorry, not different, but a better leadership today," Johnson said. "I think more poise, less noise. And I think over the years I've become a guy people relate to. I get up early at a ridiculous hour, I go to work, spend time with the troops, take care of my family, I love taking care of people, and I think that kind of thing resonates with people today."
If he does intend to run, he's off to a promising start. "More poise, less noise": I could see that on a hat in 2020.
Watch The Rock's full comments to Fallon below:
- Family stands to lose nearly $6,000 in airfare and hotel costs after they were bumped from an overbooked cruise ship
- A Trump spokeswoman mocked Pete Buttigieg's military service in a Memorial Day weekend spat with Ron DeSantis
- Flyers are 'skiplagging' to try and save money on flight tickets. Airlines hate it.
- Ambati Rayudu announces retirement from IPL
- Data protection bill to drive deep behavioural changes for platforms exploiting data: Chandrasekhar
- MS Dhoni set to play 250th IPL match of his career
- Samsung Galaxy A34 5G review: A Mid-range marvel
- 10 ways to reduce your home loan EMI burden