The Rock was the highest-paid actor in the history of Forbes' Celebrity 100 for this year's list at $124 million
- Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson earned the highest-ever total for acting earnings in the history of Forbes' Celebrity 100 for the outlet's 2018 list.
- Johnson earned $124 million from June 2017 to June 2018, nearly double the earnings he posted on 2017's list.
- He moved up to 5th overall on the list from 22nd last year.
In the past year, Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson has brought home the highest-ever total for acting earnings in the 20-year history of Forbes' Celebrity 100 list, the outlet reported on Monday.
From June 2017 to June 2018, Johnson earned $124 million, nearly double the earnings total of $65 million he posted on 2017's list.
Johnson ranked 5th overall on 2018's Celebrity 100, up 17 spots from his ranking of 22nd on last year's list.
Though Forbes has labeled him "Hollywood's highest-paid actor" in a recent profile, "The Rock" technically earned less in the past year than a fellow actor, George Clooney.
But Clooney made his way to No. 2 on the list largely through the $700 million sale of his tequila company, Casamigos, to the British liquor company Diageo, while "the vast majority" of Johnson's $124 million came from acting earnings, the outlet said.
Forbes reported that Johnson earned his record total "thanks to giant upfront paychecks and a cut of profits on blockbusters including 'Jumanji: Welcome to the Jungle.'" He also negotiated a previously reported seven-figure salary for posting about his films on his own social media pages.
On Tuesday, Johnson shared his Forbes profile on Twitter, recalling how he was "the dude who started w/ $7bucks." He added: "I'm awestruck ($124M) grateful & hungry."
Wow unexpected news.- Dwayne Johnson (@TheRock) July 17, 2018
I don't have a Harvard MBA, but my business philosophy has been sharpened over time and thru failure. I have one boss I serve and connect with - the world and the people in it. I'm the dude who started w/ $7bucks. I'm awestruck ($124M) grateful & hungry. https://t.co/0VWSn5YU6N
- Financial inclusion made easy for India’s small merchants with Paytm’s pioneering QR codes and Soundbox
- A 24-year-old stock trader who made over $8 million in 2 years shares the 4 indicators he uses as his guides to buy and sell
- My fiancé and I picked out my engagement ring together before he proposed, and I don't regret missing out on the surprise
- Two Mukesh Ambani-owned companies are among India’s top 5 valuable brands
- TVS, Ather, Ola hike prices of electric two-wheelers as new subsidy norms kick in
- IKIO Lighting sets IPO price band at ₹270-285/share
- Royal Enfield sales rise 22% in May at 77,461 units
- GST collection rises 12% to ₹1.57 lakh crore in May