The Russian maker of the AK-47 just unveiled a golden robot straight out of 'Aliens'
The Russian maker of the AK-47 unveiled a new golden robot straight out of the movie "Aliens" on Tuesday at the Army-2018 Forum in Moscow.
"The promising goal of using the anthropomorphic complex is to solve engineering and combat tasks," Kalashnikov Concern said in a short press statement.
Currently, the robot's capabilities are still limited, but an improved version will be displayed at the Army-2020 Forum, according to Meduza, a Russian media outlet.
Here's what we know about the robot:
The robot is 13 feet tall, weighs about 4.5 tons and has apparently been named "Igorek."
Igorek is operated by one or more controllers who sit behind the tinted windowed-cabin, which is reportedly bullet proof.
From the cabin, they can control the claws, which will apparently even be able to hold weapons.
While Kalashnikov is a legit company, Russia consistently makes wild claims about its hardware that it doesn't live up to. So who knows what will come of Igorek.
But if Igorek does pan out, Moscow might very well have another tool to carry Putin-critic Alexei Navalny away from protests, as this twitter user pointed out.
- More to be expected from RBI's MPC meeting than just a rate hike say experts
- Indian markets open the week on a mixed note – SBI, Maruti Suzuki, Inox Green Energy among stocks in focus
- Canada overwhelmed with 'tridemic' of Covid-19, flu and respiratory syncytial virus
- This Mumbai startup is making tearable laundry sheets, bamboo-based facial tissues and more to replace plastic
- With an eye on listing in the future, Jio Haptik trains guns on growth & profitability
- Dharmaj Crop IPO
- Reliance Jio
- Digital Nomad Visa
- Whatsapp tips
- Air India crew guidelines
- Mukesh Ambani
- Larget Employers
- Highest Revenue companies
- New Cars in December 2022
- Best Companies for Work
- India's Richest People
- Maruti Suzuki
- Top Valuable unlisted Company
- Tata Tiago cng vs Alto k10 cng
- Top 10 Colleges in India
- Top 10 Airlines in World