'The Simpsons' predicted that Disney would buy Fox 19 years ago - and it's not the only time it has accurately predicted the future
The deal also means that "The Simpsons" will be owned by Disney. That should make your head spin a little.
But this isn't the only time that "The Simpsons" has managed to wow us with its ability to predict the future.
"The Simpsons" has been running for over 27 years, so it's inevitable that some themes that crop up in the show might occur in real life. But some of the plotlines are eerily close to events that have happened throughout the world.
We've listed some of the strangest predictions the cartoon's writers have made since the show's launch in 1989.
From Homer discovering the Higgs boson to the writers envisioning that Donald Trump would one day become US president.
Here are 16 times "The Simpsons" predicted the future:
Edith Hancock contributed to an earlier version of this post.
- Indian equity market enters coveted USD 4-trillion market cap club for first time
- Lesser known facts about Charlie Munger, Warren Buffet’s second and accomplice
- Fedbank Financial Services IPO allotment – How to check allotment, GMP, listing date and more
- Flair Writing IPO allotment – How to check allotment, GMP, listing date and more
- Mini Ratna IREDA stock zooms on debut with over 60% listing gains