The St. Louis Blues called in a season ticket holder to serve as their emergency backup goalie
- The St. Louis Blues were in need of a backup goalie on Thursday night after Carter Hutton was hurt during the team's morning skate.
- Tyler Stewart, a Blues season ticket holder who brings his pads to every game in case his services are needed, got the call on Thursday afternoon after finishing his shift filling vending machines.
- Stewart got to warm up with the team and got a jersey for his efforts, before heading back to his seats once the Blues' official backup had arrived.
Tyler Stewart got to live his NHL dream for a night after the St. Louis Blues realized they were in need of a backup goalie on Thursday.
After finishing his shift as a vending machine worker, Stewart got the call on Thursday afternoon that the Blues needed an extra netminder after backup Carter Hutton injured himself during the team's morning skate. Blues AHL goalie Ville Husso was called up from San Antonio, but would not be able to make it time for the night's game to start, leading the team to call in Stewart to sign a tryout contract and go through warmups with his favorite team.
A Blues season ticket holder, Stewart described the night as a dream come true.
Stewart, who played throughout college and still tends the net in an adult league, had skated with the team before, and told The Athletic that he brings his pads to every game just in case they need him.
With five minutes left in the first period, Husso arrived from San Antonio and Stewart went back to his seats in section 313, but still left with a night he'll never forget.
You can watch an interview with Stewart on his whirlwind night below.
From season ticket holder to @StLouisBlues backup goalie then back to season ticket holder, it's been a wild night for Tyler Stewart. A dream come true? "100 percent. Crazy. It was awesome." #AllTogetherNowSTL pic.twitter.com/OD4YvEATfM- FOX Sports Midwest (@FSMidwest) December 8, 2017
- No crypto ban in India — SEBI will reportedly be pulled in to regulate the sector
- I wore the same outfit for a week, as part of a productivity hack promoted by Steve Jobs — but it didn't really work. After speaking to psychologists, I'm not surprised.
- Maruti cars to cost you more from January next year
- Dell Latitude 7320 Review — A good-looking compact convertible let down by the keyboard
- SaaS firm RateGain’s IPO opens tomorrow — should you invest?
- Global digital advertising accounted for 64.4% of all advertising in 2021, up from 60.5% in 2020: GroupM report
- After Mercedes-Benz, Audi, Maruti Suzuki, now Tata Motors increases price of its vehicles from January
- 44 key areas, a national framework, and a multi-institutional approach — Here's what you need to know about India's new National Blockchain Strategy