The tech leaders who just met with Trump are harbingers of an automated future
Getty/ Drew Angerer
Literally every tech CEO in the Trump meeting is currently building technology that will take jobs away from people, not create new jobs.- Nick Bilton (@nickbilton) December 14, 2016
Elon Musk is developing driverless cars at Tesla, Jeff Bezos is working on drone delivery at Amazon, Ginni Rometty is developing Watson-powered robots at IBM. And so on.
Skye Gould/Business Insider
The companies represented in the meeting all have thousands of employees of their own and hire extensively in the US. But throughout his campaign, Trump promised to bring back the very kinds of low-skill jobs that the people in his conference room on Wednesday could help eradicate with their technology.Trump seem unfazed by the conflicts in vision."I'm here to help you folks do well," he told the group at one point. "We want you to keep going with the incredible innovation."
- Best mini fridge in India in 2021
- Branded fully automatic washing machines for large families
- Best fully automatic washing machines for effortless washing in India
- India is seeking details on the rise in Swiss bank deposits from the South Asian country
- A UN report says India's new IT rules do not conform with international human rights norms