The top 18 Marvel Cinematic Universe superheroes, ranked from worst to best
A lot of its heroes are pretty similar: men who are full of themselves, get superpowers (or great technology), become heroes, and go through a lot of personal growth (or not).
In anticipation of "Avengers: Infinity War," we ranked all the superheroes who have been main characters in their own movies, and significant side characters who have fought with the Avengers.
In February, we ranked the MCU villains, and since they were all bad, the ranking wasn't as fraught. But this one was a little more tricky because the majority of the MCU heroes are compelling characters with many layers to unpack, who leave a lot to look forward to in every scene. But that doesn't mean that all of these MCU heroes are great. Some, like Hawkeye and Black Widow, are forgettable despite appearing in several films over nearly a decade.
Here's our ranking of the MCU heroes, from worst to best:
18. Quicksilver/Pietro Maximoff — played by Aaron Taylor Johnson
17. Tony Stark/Iron Man — played by Robert Downey Jr.
16. Hawkeye/Clint Barton — played by Jeremy Renner
15. War Machine/Colonel Rhodes
14. Black Widow/Natasha Romanoff — played by Scarlett Johansson
13. Star-Lord/Peter Quill — played by Chris Pratt
12. Spider-Man/Peter Parker — played by Tom Holland
11. Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff — played by Elizabeth Olsen
10. Falcon/Sam Wilson
9. Winter Soldier/Bucky Barnes — played by Sebastian Stan
8. Vision/Jarvis — played by Paul Bettany
6. Ant-Man/Scott Lang — played by Paul Rudd
5. Bruce Banner/The Hulk — played by Mark Ruffalo
4. Doctor Strange/Stephen Strange — played by Benedict Cumberbatch
3. Thor — played by Chris Hemsworth
2. Black Panther/T’Challa — played by Chadwick Boseman
1. Captain America/Steve Rogers — played by Chris Evans
- Revenge spending effect: Household savings dip to 5 -year low
- With no signs yet of inflation cooling, experts predict more rate hikes
- Covid hit mental health of kids, young people harder than thought
- Smog envelops Delhi, AQI remains in 'very poor' category
- Egypt president to be chief guest at Republic Day celebrations