The top 5 richest hip-hop artists in the world - in one chart
On the strength of his lucrative Cîroc Vodka partnership and other ventures, Diddy's $820 million approximate net worth leads Tidal mogul Jay-Z by $10 million and Beats Electronics founder Dr. Dre by $80 million.
As Forbes notes, Jay-Z's fortune grew 30% since last year, following a $200 million investment in Tidal from Sprint earlier this year. The streaming service, which Jay-Z purchased for $56 million in 2015, is now valued at $600 million.
In 2016's ranking, Jay-Z was in third place with $610 million, trailing Dr. Dre by $100 million and Diddy by $140 million.
Check out our chart of the top 5 richest hip-hop artists below:
Anaele Pelisson/Business Insider
- Billionaire investor Mark Mobius says he's been able to get his money out of China, but investing in the country is still a 'dilemma' amid national security laws
- The Carnival cruise passenger who went overboard and remains missing was on his first cruise and it became his 'happy place,' his fiancée said
- The new Barbie movie used so much pink paint on set that it caused an international shortage, according to its production designer
- Attractiveness of gold depends on US Fed's moves, say analysts
- Coal India’s ₹4,000 crore offer for sale subscribed 4x times
- Nvidia's Jensen Huang started with a $10 million failure before shifting gears to become a $1 trillion company
- Meet the top Nifty50 performers in FY23
- Apple to declare the 12-inch MacBook as obsolete on June 30