The top lessons I learned in 2017 from interviewing people like Tony Robbins and Tim Ferriss
Graham Flanagan/Business Insider
- As a reporter for the Strategy vertical, I've interviewed many entrepreneurs, CEOs, and academics about leadership and personal growth.
- Sometimes I will adopt the best insights into my own life.
- This year, I learned how to be a better colleague and how to best view my career path.
If you're reading this right now, you may have read some advice-based Strategy stories on Business Insider or other outlets - things like how to lead teams better, or why you should meditate every morning.
As someone who's written many of those, I know that they can come across as human interest stories (e.g. "This Navy SEAL wakes up at 4:30 a.m. but sorry I'm not going to do that") but other times they can really resonate with you, and you can't get a particular insight out of your head.
When I look back at this year and the interviews I did with people like life coach Tony Robbins or LinkedIn founder Reid Hoffman, I can see how many of the insights they shared with me did just that, and led to new routines and ways of approaching my career.
I've collected those lessons that most resonated with me and distilled them to their key takeaways.
- From usernames to secret codes for locked chats, here are the upcoming WhatsApp features
- Coal sector PSUs poised to cross ₹21,030 crore Capex target for 2023-24
- Stock markets snap six-day rally; Sensex slumps over 400 points
- From Lathmar Holi to Jallikattu: India's most unusual festivals
- Orient Technologies files draft papers with Sebi to mop-up funds via IPO