The unreal life of Wall Streeters, captured in a meme Instagram account that's going viral
20th Century Fox
- Meme Instagram account @litquidity is gaining fans for its memes both poking fun at and glorifying financial culture.
- Your financial analyst might be a "finfluencer," or they might be following one.
- Hyper-specific meme accounts are becoming more popular, and spawn offshoots like @thisguyfuchz, about a fictional 40-year-old man who works on Wall Street and lives in Connecticut.
- Visit Business Insider's homepage for more stories.
Since March 2017, @litquidity has been posting finance memes on Instagram, making them a kind of "finfluencer," along with @thisguyfuchz and @hoeingforyield.
All three accounts focus on minute details of life on Wall Street, making intra-industry memes, as reported by Institutional Investor.
These memes have found an audience with people working in finance, who see their experiences and minor annoyances of daily life reflected in the account, but they're also fun to view from the outside. For people coming from a non-finance background, the account is a way into a previously unknown world.
This account is the perfect entry into understanding obscure finance terms and office dynamics.
Starter packs are a popular format in these industry accounts as a way to laugh at stereotypes from inside finance.
They get even more specific: for example, breaking down different types of finance bros.
The types of finfluencers are endless.
Bart Fuchz is character invented for social media as another finance archetype. He lives in Connecticut and works on Wall Street.
He's a managing director, the bosses who finfluencers love to make fun of.
He's known for having trouble with conference calls.
In the meme world, MDs are notorious for working junior employees into the ground while doing little work themselves.
The @Litquidity account also makes fun of how people pronounce finance terms, either correctly or incorrectly.
How a job in finance can age you is another topic of memery.
Not even your lunch is safe. For example, Chipotle is the true neutral lunch option, according to this midtown lunch chart.
- Unveiling the impact of Flipkart on innovation and growth in seller success stories
- PM Modi moves to increase Jan Aushadhi Kendras, launches Drone Didi Yojana
- Arijit most streamed singer in India in 2023; Taylor Swift dominates global chart
- 10 simple diet changes for rapid belly fat loss
- From Redmi to Vivo – Smartphones set to hit the Indian market in December