The unreal life of Wall Streeters, captured in a meme Instagram account that's going viral
20th Century Fox
- Meme Instagram account @litquidity is gaining fans for its memes both poking fun at and glorifying financial culture.
- Your financial analyst might be a "finfluencer," or they might be following one.
- Hyper-specific meme accounts are becoming more popular, and spawn offshoots like @thisguyfuchz, about a fictional 40-year-old man who works on Wall Street and lives in Connecticut.
- Visit Business Insider's homepage for more stories.
Since March 2017, @litquidity has been posting finance memes on Instagram, making them a kind of "finfluencer," along with @thisguyfuchz and @hoeingforyield.All three accounts focus on minute details of life on Wall Street, making intra-industry memes, as reported by Institutional Investor.
This account is the perfect entry into understanding obscure finance terms and office dynamics.
Starter packs are a popular format in these industry accounts as a way to laugh at stereotypes from inside finance.
They get even more specific: for example, breaking down different types of finance bros.
The types of finfluencers are endless.
Bart Fuchz is character invented for social media as another finance archetype. He lives in Connecticut and works on Wall Street.
He's a managing director, the bosses who finfluencers love to make fun of.
He's known for having trouble with conference calls.
In the meme world, MDs are notorious for working junior employees into the ground while doing little work themselves.
The @Litquidity account also makes fun of how people pronounce finance terms, either correctly or incorrectly.
How a job in finance can age you is another topic of memery.
Not even your lunch is safe. For example, Chipotle is the true neutral lunch option, according to this midtown lunch chart.
- Over One lakh oxygen concentrators cleared by customs from April 24 to May 4
- Check out who all can travel to the US amidst uncertainty in international travel
- Water shortage might be on the way to worsen Delhi's COVID-19 crisis
- Himachal Pradesh government imposes curfew effective from tomorrow till May 16
- A third wave of COVID-19 will surely come and it may spread faster and wider but don't know when, says advisor to the Indian government