The unreal life of Wall Streeters, captured in a meme Instagram account that's going viral
20th Century Fox
- Meme Instagram account @litquidity is gaining fans for its memes both poking fun at and glorifying financial culture.
- Your financial analyst might be a "finfluencer," or they might be following one.
- Hyper-specific meme accounts are becoming more popular, and spawn offshoots like @thisguyfuchz, about a fictional 40-year-old man who works on Wall Street and lives in Connecticut.
- Visit Business Insider's homepage for more stories.
Since March 2017, @litquidity has been posting finance memes on Instagram, making them a kind of "finfluencer," along with @thisguyfuchz and @hoeingforyield.All three accounts focus on minute details of life on Wall Street, making intra-industry memes, as reported by Institutional Investor.
This account is the perfect entry into understanding obscure finance terms and office dynamics.
Starter packs are a popular format in these industry accounts as a way to laugh at stereotypes from inside finance.
They get even more specific: for example, breaking down different types of finance bros.Advertisement
The types of finfluencers are endless.
Bart Fuchz is character invented for social media as another finance archetype. He lives in Connecticut and works on Wall Street.Advertisement
He's a managing director, the bosses who finfluencers love to make fun of.
He's known for having trouble with conference calls.Advertisement
In the meme world, MDs are notorious for working junior employees into the ground while doing little work themselves.
The @Litquidity account also makes fun of how people pronounce finance terms, either correctly or incorrectly.Advertisement
How a job in finance can age you is another topic of memery.
Not even your lunch is safe. For example, Chipotle is the true neutral lunch option, according to this midtown lunch chart.Advertisement
- The Oxford COVID-19 vaccine will only cost the Indian government $3 per dose, reveals Adar Poonawalla
- Former Assam CM Tarun Gogoi passes away at 84 due to post-COVID complications
- Fine for not wearing masks in Goa increased to ₹200
- Here's why former RBI governor Rajan and former deputy Acharya believe the plan to allow corporations to own banks is a 'bad idea'
- Maharashtra government wants a COVID-19 negative test report from passengers coming from Delhi, Gujarat, Rajasthan and Goa