The US Navy Just Uploaded The Sickest Slo-Mo Video Of A Ballistic Missile Defense Test
The U.S. Navy recently conducted a test of its Aegis
The USS Erie launched the missile, which intercepted the "most sophisticated target to date," reports Scientific American.
This test, called FTM-21 (Flight Test - Standard Missile), sent two Aegis guided missiles to intercept one short-range ballistic
"This latest test is the first time we have seen USS Lake Erie, sailors, and Aegis BMD Weapon System schedule, analyze, launch and control multiple missiles in flight through intercept at the same time," Nick Bucci, Director of BMD Development Programs at Lockheed Martin's Mission Systems & Training business, told reporters.
The Aegis missile has a range that enables it to take out a low-orbit satellite, and mobile aboard U.S. destroyers, the guidance system has demonstrated the ability to take out a short-range ballistic missile and a cruise missile at the same time.
It is, in short, the Dikembe Mutombo of missile
- A Google employee of 11 years says he and his wife stared at each other in 'disbelief' when they realized they'd both been laid off by the company
- Mark Zuckerberg reportedly said he doesn't like seeing 'managers managing managers,' fueling speculation of more layoffs
- The future of banking is entirely digital
- Study find out the potential cause of dementia
- Odisha Health Minister shot at by police officer
- Rajinikanth issues public notice on infringement of rights, warns legal action
- Govt likely to float global tender for HPV vaccine in April; Merck, Serum Institute may participate
- Finance Ministry to stick to privatisation of already announced CPSEs next fiscal