The world's biggest game is teaming up with Marvel's Avengers once again in a new event expected to launch this week
- Alongside the launch of the new "Avengers: Endgame" movie on April 26, "Fortnite" is once again collaborating with Marvel.
- A new mode was teased by "Fortnite" creator Epic Games on Twitter, which features a "Fortnite" character holding Captain America's iconic shield.
- It looks like we'll get to play whatever is being teased by Thursday.
- Visit Business Insider's homepage for more stories.
"Fortnite" is once again collaborating with Marvel, just in time for the arrival of "Avengers: Endgame" this Thursday.
In a tease posted by the "Fortnite" Twitter account, an avatar from the game is seen wielding Captain America's iconic shield. Notably: There are no shield items in "Fortnite," so this looks like something completely new.
What it actually means for "Fortnite" players remains to be seen - but the last time "Fortnite" teamed up with Marvel, it was for a special mode, where players were able to outright become Thanos by finding and using the Infinity Gauntlet - his notoriously powerful, bejeweled glove that gives him mastery of all reality.
By picking up and equipping the gauntlet, players were granted the ability to punch enemies, shoot a power beam, and leap into the air (and subsequently pound the ground). It was, in short, pretty sweet.
In the case of the upcoming "Fortnite" crossover, we're expecting another limited-time mode. What that mode will include remains to be seen, but at very least you should expect to play around with Captain America's shield. Perhaps throwing it? Perhaps blocking stuff? Maybe both! Maybe more!
One thing's for sure: We'll find out more on Thursday.
Get the latest Google stock price here.
- We asked ChatGPT who the greatest athlete of all time is and it did not go well for LeBron James
- A man kept the same pair of contact lenses in for 3 years, causing permanent astigmatism and buildup behind his eyelids. His doctor said he's not responsible enough to wear contacts.
- Clarence Thomas wrote a scathing, nearly 50-page dissent about why the Supreme Court should have gutted voting rights
- Heatwave grips India - Bihar, West Bengal, Jharkhand to record highest temperature
- Apple Arcade looks Stronger Than Ever - New & Exciting Games Announced
- What is the best date to set for your SIPs – Beginning, end, or middle of the month?
- Asus ROG Flow Z13 review – a premium gaming tablet
- Must do activities on your visit to Mahabaleshwar