The world's most iconic toy store is suddenly shutting down
The store, known for its giant toy piano, is a major tourist destination made famous by the 1988 movie "Big," starring Tom Hanks.
The closure will leave the 153-year-old brand without a physical store.
Toys "R" Us, which owns the store, said it's seeking another location for the shop, according to Bloomberg.
FAO Schwarz-branded toys will still be sold by Toys "R" Us.
"The company is committed to the FAO Schwarz brand and growing its legacy," Toys "R" Us said in a statement to Bloomberg. "While we are sad to say goodbye to our current location, we are excited about the opportunity to create a new flagship location in New York City that will no doubt delight generations of children to come."
Here's the piano made famous by the movie "Big."
Here are shoppers lining up outside the store in 1995.
- Dharmaj Crop Guard IPO subscribed 1.79 times on day 1
- As Sensex, Nifty50 hit record highs, this is what experts are advising investors
- FM concludes week-long consultation meetings for Budget 2023-24
- WhatsApp data of 500 million users might be on sale says Mashable India
- Traders' body seeks printing of Indian Nutrition rating on food packets
- Dharmaj Crop IPO
- Visa Platinum Prepaid Card
- Whatsapp tips
- Air India crew guidelines
- Mukesh Ambani
- tata Consumer
- Germany Visa
- New Cars in December 2022
- Best Companies for Work
- India's Richest People
- Small Cap Companies
- Bank Loan
- Tata Tiago cng vs Alto k10 cng
- Top 10 Colleges in India
- Top 10 Airlines in World