KFC and Lifetime teamed up for a holiday 'mini-movie' about 'love and fried chicken'
- KFC and Lifetime collaborated on a new "mini-movie" about "love and fried chicken."
- Mario Lopez stars as the iconic Colonel Sanders, whose character harbors a "secret recipe that's gonna change the world," according to the trailer.
- The 15-minute movie premieres on Lifetime on Sunday and will be available online to stream after.
- Fans can get six free extra crispy tenders with an Uber Eats delivery order of $20 or more.
Fried chicken is about to get steamy, thanks to Lifetime.
Mario Lopez, who recently reprised his role as A.C. Slater in Peacock's "Saved by the Bell" revival, stars as a decidedly sexier incarnation of Colonel Harland Sanders, the chicken chain's founder and mascot, in "A Recipe for Seduction," a new Lifetime "mini-movie."
As a press release explains, the 15-minute movie is "full of mystery, suspense, deception, 'fowl' play and - at the heart of it all - love and fried chicken."
The trailer, which dropped today to much fanfare and some amount of bewilderment, dramatically reveals that the Colonel's character "has a secret recipe that's gonna change the world."
Confusion and disbelief ran rampant on Twitter after the trailer dropped
People were shocked by the announcement and took to Twitter to share their finger-licking good reactions.
—Patton Oswalt (@pattonoswalt) December 7, 2020
—Ben Griswold ❄️ (@Babyl0n96) December 7, 2020
—islandskris (@islandskris) December 7, 2020
—D Skillet (@DSkillet2) December 7, 2020
Some even thought it was a joke, but Lifetime confirmed to NBC that this new holiday bucket of love is, in fact, really happening.
—Anil Gurcan ♻ (@gurcanmeister) December 7, 2020
—OnTheCouch (@10000Talkers) December 7, 2020
—Frank Discussion (@right2bleft) December 7, 2020
Though this seems out-of-character for Lifetime, it's not the first time the network has tried to put something new on its movie menu.
Back in 2015, Lifetime gave us "A Deadly Adoption," the confusingly serious murder thriller starring comedians Kristen Wiig and Will Ferrell.
'A Recipe for Seduction' will air on Lifetime this weekend, and it's also being paired with a limited-time UberEats promotion
The movie will debut this Sunday at 12 p.m. Eastern on Lifetime, but viewers can watch it again via Lifetime's website and streaming apps.
Lifetime and KFC also added Uber Eats into this holiday collaboration for a special meal and movie promotion. From December 13 through 19, customers can get six free extra crispy tenders with a delivery order of $20 or more.
You can watch the trailer here:
- Read more:
- I made KFC fried chicken at home using a copycat recipe, and found it tasted just like the real thing
- A man spent 18 months trying to re-create KFC's fried chicken at home, and he says his recipe is finally perfect
- Photos show how common baking mistakes can drastically change your gingerbread cookies
- Gordon Ramsay says he keeps getting mistaken for his toddler son's grandpa and he's sick of it
- Financial inclusion made easy for India’s small merchants with Paytm’s pioneering QR codes and Soundbox
- With Rupay Credit Card on UPI, mobile payments pioneer Paytm deepens its leadership in UPI
- A 24-year-old stock trader who made over $8 million in 2 years shares the 4 indicators he uses as his guides to buy and sell
- Fitch Ratings revises outlook on OYO's long-term issuer ratings to 'positive' from 'stable'
- Mahindra Thar, Tata Nexon and more: SUVs with the longest waiting period
- Centre's fiscal deficit for 2022-23 at 6.4% of GDP: CGA data
- Vedanta Resources pays $400 million debt, borrowings down to $6.4 billion
- Stock markets snap four-day gaining streak on weak global cues