How to reactivate your Instagram account if you've temporarily disabled it
- It's possible to reactivate an Instagram account after you've disabled it.
- Instagram accounts can be deactivated if you'd like to take a temporary break from the social media app.
- Only Instagram accounts that have been disabled can be reactivated; deletion of your account is permanent.
- Visit Business Insider's homepage for more stories.
If you use Instagram, chances are you're all too aware of just how addicting the social media app can become.
Whether it's scrolling through the endless feed of accounts you follow or even meticulously documenting your meals, trips, and random day-to-day occurrences on your own feed, Instagram can quickly begin to take up way more of your time than it should.
Because of this, you may eventually come to a point when you want to deactivate your account for a while so you can take a much-needed break.
It won't take more than a few seconds and doesn't even require any difficult steps. Here's what you need to do.
Check out the products mentioned in this article:
How to reactivate your Instagram account
2. On the login screen, enter the username and password of the account you wish to reactivate.
Jennifer Still/Business Insider
3. Click Login and you'll be brought to your feed and your account will have been restored to normal.
It should be noted that Instagram suggests waiting a minimum of 24 hours after deactivating your Instagram account to reactivate it, as the deactivation process takes roughly a day to complete.
In addition, you should be aware that while it's very simple to reactivate an Instagram account that's been temporarily deactivated, this is not the case with accounts that are deleted.
The deletion process is permanent and cannot be reversed, so be sure that if you plan on returning to Instagram, you only disable your account rather than deleting it altogether.
Related coverage from How To Do Everything: Tech:
- Goa partners with World Bank to tackle sea level rise, coastal erosion and other climate change-related hazards
- Samsung unveils Galaxy Ring with health-tracking features at MWC
- Govt may look at enhanced KYC requirements for certain class of corporates
- Sebi cautions investors against fraudulent trading platforms offering stock mkt access via FPI route
- Fuel your weight gain journey with these 7 drinks