2 people were escorted off a plane in Vienna for unruly behavior, and a video appears to show one of them throwing cash at the other on the tarmac
- Two passengers were taken off an Eva Air flight in Vienna because of their "unruly behavior."
- An airline spokesperson said the passengers had to be restrained on board.
Two passengers were kicked off an Eva Air flight after they were disruptive on board, the airline told Insider in a statement.
The flight was scheduled to depart from London's Heathrow and stopover in Bangkok Suvarnabhumi International in Thailand on September 30. Its final destination was Taipei, Taiwan. The flight ended up being diverted to Austria's Vienna Airport to offload the passengers, the airline said in the statement.
In a video posted on YouTube by The Independent, a woman wearing a grey sweatsuit can be seen throwing what appears to be cash onto the tarmac in Vienna. A male passenger also dressed in a grey sweatsuit can be seen picking up the items.
"Oh, look at that money! £5,000, that's what she said," a male voice can be heard saying in the video. EVA Air declined to confirm if the woman had thrown money onto the tarmac. Insider was not able to independently verify what was being picked up from the tarmac in the video.
EVA Air told Insider in a statement that the woman had tried moving from her seat in economy to a seat in premium economy and refused to pay for the upgrade. The spokesperson said the man traveling with her later smoked an e-cigarette on the flight.
"Our flight attendants took quick action to stop these passengers but encountered inappropriate insults and physical abuse," the airline said in the statement, adding that the two passengers were "successfully restrained" with the help of eight other passengers.
Editor's note: October 4, 2023 — This story has been updated with a statement from EVA Air.
- Bengaluru cafe blast: Karnataka CM Siddaramaiah to chair meeting with top police officials today
- India retains full policy space for benefit of farmers, fishermen at WTO: Goyal
- Sensex, Nifty settle at new closing high levels in first part of special live trading session
- Passive Income Streams
- Gas stoves create more nanoparticle pollution than a busy street with diesel and gas cars, study finds