9 mind-blowing facts that show just how wealthy Mukesh Ambani, the richest person in Asia, really is
- Indian businessman Mukesh Ambani is worth about $60 billion, making him the richest person in India and all of Asia.
- Forbes ranked the Ambanis the richest family in Asia in 2017.
- Ambani, the chairman and largest shareholder of oil-to-telecom conglomerate Reliance Industries, is almost four times richer than the second-richest person in India.
- Ambani and his family live in a 27-story skyscraper in Mumbai that cost an estimated $1 billion to build, which would make it one of the most expensive homes anywhere in the world.
- Visit Business Insider's homepage for more stories.
The Indian businessman, the chairman and majority shareholder of $100 billion conglomerate Reliance Industries, is worth about $60 billion, making him the 14th-richest person in the world.
Ambani's wealth has more than doubled in the past 10 years, and he continued to grow richer in 2019 even as most of India's richest people lost money.
Here are nine mind-blowing facts that show just how wealthy Asia's richest man really is.
Mukesh Ambani, the richest person in India and all of Asia, has more than doubled his wealth in the past 10 years.
Ambani and his family live in a 27-story skyscraper in Mumbai that cost an estimated $1 billion to build.
Although most of India's richest people lost money last year due to slower economic growth, Ambani added more than $16.4 billion to his fortune in 2019.
Ambani is almost four times richer than the second-richest person in India.
Ambani gets approximately $31,202 richer every minute.
His income last year was 7.2 million times the average annual salary in India.
In 2019, Ambani made an average of almost $4.5 million per day.
Ambani's wealth is greater than the entire GDP of Belarus.
The Indian billionaire's wealth has made him influential friends such as Hillary Clinton and Google CEO Sundar Pichai, both of whom have attended the weddings of Ambani's children.
Popular on BI
- Elizabeth Holmes ordered dinners for Theranos staff but made sure they weren't delivered until after 8 p.m. so they worked late: book
- The CEO of software giant Intuit, which has avoided mass layoffs, says tech firms axed jobs because they misread the pandemic
- I flew cross-country with my 5-month-old son on my lap. Next time, I'm paying full price for him to have his own seat.
- Major train accidents that India witnessed in last 15 years
- Odisha rail crash: Rescuers try to raise buried coach, death toll at 238
- Largest road networks in the world – India beats China to take the second spot
- Manoj Bajpayee joins the league of on-screen lawyers like Pankaj Tripathi, Shriya Pilgaonkar & more
- List of famous things to buy in Lonavala