A superyacht's crew dressed in designer clothes that were thrown away by its owner after he wore them once, worker says
- The crew of a superyacht dressed in designer clothes tossed by its owner, a worker said.
- The worker wrote in The Times of London that the owner "never wears the same shirt twice."
A superyacht's crew dressed themselves in designer clothes that had been thrown away by its owner after he wore them just once, according to an industry insider.
Writing in The Times of London, an anonymous worker with 20 years in the superyacht business told the tale of a superyacht owner "who, much like the great tennis player Ivan Lendl, never wears the same shirt twice."
The worker said the owner "couldn't understand the need for wardrobes in his master suite, stating, 'I buy it, I wear it, and I throw it away'."
They continued: "It helped to explain why the gleeful crew aboard his
The extravagances of superyacht owners have come to the fore after Western nations sanctioned
The superyacht worker writing in The Times also detailed the story of a crew that prepared fresh lobster for their yacht's owner every day, regardless of whether or not he was on board.
Separately, a superyacht captain told The Guardian that employees aboard a
Some oligarchs have had their yachts and private jets seized, while others have scrambled to escape sanctions.
Last week, a Fijian high court granted an order to restrain a Russian oligarch's $325 million superyacht from leaving the island nation.
- Engaging with competent authorities, use only genuine cheese, says McDonald's
- Apple's India revenue up 42% to $8.7 bn in 2023: Morgan Stanley
- Reserve Bank asks NPCI to help continue operations of Paytm app
- Top 10 places to visit in Andhra Pradesh
- CBI to arrest Kejriwal in few days, will serve him notice by evening: AAP