A superyacht's crew dressed in designer clothes that were thrown away by its owner after he wore them once, worker says
- The crew of a superyacht dressed in designer clothes tossed by its owner, a worker said.
- The worker wrote in The Times of London that the owner "never wears the same shirt twice."
A superyacht's crew dressed themselves in designer clothes that had been thrown away by its owner after he wore them just once, according to an industry insider.
Writing in The Times of London, an anonymous worker with 20 years in the superyacht business told the tale of a superyacht owner "who, much like the great tennis player Ivan Lendl, never wears the same shirt twice."
The worker said the owner "couldn't understand the need for wardrobes in his master suite, stating, 'I buy it, I wear it, and I throw it away'."
They continued: "It helped to explain why the gleeful crew aboard his
The extravagances of superyacht owners have come to the fore after Western nations sanctioned
The superyacht worker writing in The Times also detailed the story of a crew that prepared fresh lobster for their yacht's owner every day, regardless of whether or not he was on board.
Separately, a superyacht captain told The Guardian that employees aboard a
Some oligarchs have had their yachts and private jets seized, while others have scrambled to escape sanctions.
Last week, a Fijian high court granted an order to restrain a Russian oligarch's $325 million superyacht from leaving the island nation.
- A married couple with a 4-month-old baby were both laid off by Google, while one of them was on parental leave
- A Google employee of 11 years says he and his wife stared at each other in 'disbelief' when they realized they'd both been laid off by the company
- 6 signs that you're in a one-sided relationship and how to find balance
- 86-year-old removes ‘retirement’ from his dictionary to become a startup founder
- Two Indian-born mathematicians US, Canada get Padma awards
- Equal-weight index: For diversified investments with low volatility
- I wish we move ahead unitedly, PM Modi extends greetings on country's 74th Republic Day
- R-Day: Traffic islands, roundabouts in Lutyens' Delhi decked up with artistic floral designs