An American family touring the Scottish Highlands killed in a car crash
- Father was killed alongside his sister and mother after they were involved in a crash with a truck in Scotland.
- Jared Bastion, 45, and Mary-Lou Mauch, 75, were pronounced dead at the scene of the smash on August 10.
An Illinois family died while vacationing in Scotland after their car collided with a truck.
The family of three, identified as Kathryn (Katie) Bastion-Strong, 46, her brother, Jared Bastion, 45, a chef from Champaign, Illinois, and their mother, Mary-Lou Mauch, 75, experienced the collision near Newtonmore in Cairngorms Mountains in the east Highlands on August 10.
According to the family's GoFundMe, Basion and Mauch died at the scene, while a critically injured Bastion-Strong was airlifted to hospital, where she died three days later.
The Daily Mail reports that the truck driver, a 59-year-old man, was unharmed in the collision.
GoFundMe pages have been created for the families of Katie and Jared, who left behind six children and spouses.
- I bought a car wash at 22 years old. It basically runs itself — and I make $5,500 in passive income each month.
- Companies say Elon Musk's plan to charge $1,000 for month for Twitter checkmarks is 'outlandish' and makes them 'meaningless'
- A lawyer who quit to become an OnlyFans performer says she now makes more money and is happier
- Sensex, Nifty close marginally down in volatile trade
- After disappointing 2022, wind industry to expect record installations over the next three years: GWEC report
- Most infidelities committed during honeymoon phase, says survey by extramarital dating app Gleeden
- WhatsApp releases update to fix expiration bug on Android beta
- Deadline to link Aadhaar and PAN extended to 30 June, 2023