An influencer couple is sharing behind-the-scenes glimpses of life as travel vloggers as part of a trend unveiling the reality behind aspirational content
- Vloggers Giselle and Stephen have over 300,000 followers on TikTok where they post travel videos.
- They share behind-the-scenes looks at how they capture their footage to show the reality involved.
A pair of travel vloggers have gone viral on TikTok showing the chaos and work involved in capturing a picture-perfect video of a sunrise.
On January 30, a TikTok account called The Lovers Passport, which is run by a couple whose names are Giselle and Stephen, according to the bio, posted a video with the on-screen caption, "POV: You're dating a travel photographer & it's 6am." In the 20-second clip, which received over 3.3 million views, a man could be seen in a bedroom frantically pulling a curtain aside and opening a window to look at the view.
@theloverspassport It’s the golden retriever energy for me #travel #travelcouple #funnycouples #couplecomedy #cruisenorwegian @norwegiancruiseline ♬ Love You So - The King Khan & BBQ Show
In the next scene, a woman filmed herself running down a hallway after the man who was holding a camera and a tripod as they rushed down the corridor. They continued to run onto the top deck of a ship towards an orange sky, where the video then changed tempo to show the end result — an idyllic view of the man walking slowly in a pool while looking towards the horizon.
The video received over 520 comments, as viewers reacted to the work that went into the final shot. "People claim they are want this until it's an early morning alarm," read a top comment which received over 5,900 likes. "Okay but seeing that sunrise soo worth it," another with over 3,300 likes read.
It's not the first time the pair has broken the fourth wall, showing their audience what the reality of their glamorous-looking trips is really like.
In a similarly themed video posted to the same account on January 14 that received over 54,000 views, a man and woman could be seen holding hands as they walked towards an isolated viewing point that overlooked trees, mountains, and a lake. The on-screen caption read "Instagram vs Reality," before it cut away to reveal the viewing area was more populated than it first seemed, and revealed a man holding a tripod above his head to demonstrate how they achieved the angle.
@theloverspassport Instagram vs Reality iPhone “drone” Edition #contentcreator #adventurecouple #instagramvsreality #bts #switzerland ♬ original sound - The Lovers Passport
On October 15, 2022, they uploaded a TikTok with the on-screen caption "Instagram vs Reality Fall Edition" which showed a series of photographs they had taken, and revealed what the original images had looked like before they had been edited with more vibrant colors, in a video viewed over 165,000 times.
Travel content is extremely popular on social media, and aspirational images of aesthetic destinations frequently go viral. However, influencers are increasingly letting followers in on the unexpected aspects of their flawless-looking lives, from sharing outtakes from their camera rolls to the negative aspects of some of the trendiest lifestyles.
They also have 17,600 subscribers on YouTube, where they wrote in their description page they taught themselves photography after purchasing a camera in April, 2020, and became "full time professional travel photographers & videographers" in October, 2021.
- The Cybertruck's lack of door handles confused its first buyers — leading Elon Musk to show them how to open the truck
- Adani Group to invest USD 75 bn to scale up AGEL's RE portfolio to 45 GW: Gautam Adani
- OnlyFans star Riley Reid plans to 'immortalize' herself using AI. Here's how her team built her new chatbot.
- Electric eels can change the genetic composition of other organisms by shocking them!
- Exploring vibrant flavors: 10 healthy salad options in India
- 10 dry fruits to include in your daily winter diet
- Paytm to focus on big ticket loans to low-risk credit-worthy customers
- 10 Cities in India perfect for a chill and relaxed life