Azim Premji’s biography announced — here’s all you need to know about it
- As Wipro founder
Azim Premjiturned 75 on July 24, publisher HarperCollins announced that a new biography about his life is in the works.
- Written by Sundeep Khanna and Varun Sood, the book will be called The Man Beyond the Billions.
- There is little known about the book so far and no final release date has been disclosed yet.
A big salute to Azim Premji on his 75th birthday. Extraordinary businessman, magnificent philanthropist and a great role model for us all.— sundeepkhanna (@companyoutsider) 1595563168000
“There are some people whose achievements go beyond the normal parameters of success—wealth, power, influence, size of their empires. Premji is one such,” said the CEO of HarperCollions Ananth Padmanabhan. The biography called The Man Beyond the Billions is going to be written by Sundeep Khanna and Varun Sood soon.
This just got announced. I'll write more in the coming days. Please do read, folks, once its available to read. tha… https://t.co/aN6G1J3ryr— Varun Sood (@varunstweets) 1595595464000
Unlike conventional billionaires in India , Azim Premji has donated nearly 75% of his wealth to charitable initiatives. Had he not done so, Azim Premji could have very well been the second richest man in the country following Mukesh Ambani.
He was one of the first Indians to sign up for The Giving Pledge led by Warren Buffer and Microsoft founder Bill Gates. According to him, simply being rich ‘did not thrill’ him.
For his work, he has also been honored with the Padma Vibhushan, which is one of the highest honours in India, for his contribution to the IT industry.
- Bio-secure bubbles – Here's how IPL players will be staying safe during the pandemic
- INTERVIEW: Chennai-based CAMS’ 30-year journey to an IPO
- Amazon pumps in money into MORE to take on the heavyweights Reliance Retail and DMart
- 30 COVID vaccine candidates being developed: Health Ministry
- INTERVIEW: Paytm trains its guns on Google while the payments app is back in Play Store