Bella Hadid responds to reports she 'blacked out' at the Met Gala because of her corset
Bella Hadidtold Interview Magazine that she "blacked out" on the 2022 Met Gala red carpet.
- The supermodel said she didn't know if it was her anxiety or her corset that made her feel faint.
Bella Hadid made headlines after revealing she "blacked out" at the 2022 Met Gala red carpet.
"I literally like, blacked out. I don't even think I got one good photo on the red carpet," Hadid said. "I don't know if that was my anxiety, or maybe the waist was giving cinch and I couldn't breathe. I mean, there were probably a lot of things happening."
Hadid wore a black corset with a sheer skirt designed by Burberry's chief creative officer Riccardo Tisci on the
On Wednesday, Hadid responded to the reports that she "blacked out" because of her corseted look on her Instagram story.
"I want to make something very clear...This is not at all what I (meant to) say. I didn't say I blacked out because of my corset. I joked that I blacked out, not because of my corset, but from the regular anxieties and excitement of the carpet," she wrote. "I meant more like it goes by in a flash. So quickly that ya barely remember it! I should have said that."
Hadid also defended her edgy Burberry look and her decision to wear a corset.
"And Corsets in general are pretty uncomfortable/hard on the lungs but My corset fit perfectly with enough room to eat and drink!!" she stated.
The supermodel has spoken candidly about her anxiety in the past. In January, Hadid told WSJ magazine that her mental-health struggles had stopped her from getting dressed and going outside.
Representatives for Hadid did not immediately respond to Insider's request for comment.
- Small online sellers set to push their ad budgets higher this festive season
- Updater Services IPO allotment – how to check allotment, GMP, listing date and more
- Survey shows people find no improvement in public toilets across country
- Sebi extends deadline for listed cos to confirm or deny market rumours
- Tom Hanks, a dental plan promotion and an AI