Bernie Sanders turned his inauguration meme into a sweatshirt to raise money for charity
Bernie Sandersis using his inauguration memeto raise money for charity.
- A $45 sweatshirt featuring the viral photo is available to purchase on his website.
- All the proceeds will be donated to Meals on Wheels Vermont.
Sen. Bernie Sanders turned his
On Wednesday, the Vermont senator was photographed sitting in a chair wearing a Burton parka, hand-knit mittens, and a surgical blue mask. The image went viral as people edited Sanders into everything from iconic New York locations to scenes from popular movies. A student at New York University even created a website so people could place the photo anywhere in the world.Read more: The grumpy Bernie Sanders meme is the best one to come out of the inauguration
The website also said that because of overwhelming demand, the sweatshirts would arrive in three to six weeks.According to the product description, 100% of the proceeds will go toward Meals on Wheels Vermont.
Sanders defended his inauguration style choice during an appearance on NBC's "Late Night with Seth Meyers.""I was just sitting there trying to keep warm, trying to pay attention to what was going on," Sanders said. The senator also spoke about what the response had been like for the Vermont teacher who gifted him the sustainably made mittens over two years ago.
"What was really nice, Seth, is that the woman who made the mittens lives in Essex Junction, Vermont," Sanders said. "She is a schoolteacher and a very, very nice person, and she has been somewhat overwhelmed by the kind of attention that is being shown to her mittens."
- Centre finalises One District One Focus Product to promote in cluster approach
- A Mumbai-based EV startup launched the cheapest electric car with a 200 km range
- HP's worldwide shipments grow 5.6% in fourth quarter of 2020, says IDC
- NITI Aayog proposes price of COVID-19 between ₹300-500
- NASA picks California-based space company Astra Space to launch TROPICS mission