Craigslist ad offers $1,000 to find a wedding date for mother-in-law that 'needs constant attention'
- An ad seeking a date for a future bride's mother-in-law was posted to
Craigslist, Times Union reported.
- The ad claimed the mother-in-law needed "constant attention and supervision" during the event.
- The ad offered to pay someone $1,000 to entertain the mother-in-law for the weekend
A Craigslist ad seeking a wedding date for a future bride's mother-in-law offered a whopping $1,000.
The ad, titled "Wedding Date Wanted for Mother-in-Law," was posted on July 11 to the Hudson Valley Craigslist, Times Union reported. The ad said it was looking for someone available for an August wedding in Hudson Valley.
"She needs constant attention and supervision," the ad read. "She will probably wear white and try to escalate small dramas - your job is simply to distract and de-escalate. Flatter her for 2 days and make an easy $1,000."
The ad included a list of qualifications needed for the job, including that the date must be a "conversationalist," "good dancer," and "has own suit to wear." It added that the date must be "able to pretend you happen to be a guest interested in sitting/dancing with MIL" and "experience with narcissists a plus."
On the other end, the ad said the date would be provided with food, travel expenses, conversation topics, background information, and a hotel room.
"Please send a photo of yourself and a quick blurb indicating your interest/qualifications. You will also need to be able to OK with us running a background check on you just for safety's sake," the ad concluded.
Recently, other brides have landed in the news for their wedding requests and stipulations.
In June, a bride on TikTok said she received criticism for cutting down wedding costs by using fake flowers and forgoing a traditional cake.
This month, another bride on TikTok made waves after asking her bridesmaids to pay $500 towards a bachelorette party.
And an RSVP invitation that allegedly offered wedding guests better food based on how expensive their gift was caused a flurry on Reddit.
- 9 best street foods in Mumbai you must try
- 10 cool places to hangout in Mumbai
- Indian festival holiday calendar for October and November 2023 at a glance
- Banks closed for 1/3rd of October 2023 – Check out dates and details
- Tax-friendly destinations: A guide to the world's lowest taxes countries