Ford's electric F-150 Lightning can rescue stranded Teslas with an included adapter
- Ford is shipping out early
F-150 Lightningpickup trucks with an adapter for charging Teslas.
- The Lightning can share power from its giant battery pack and charge other
electric carsin need.
The first buyers of Ford's new F-150 Lightning are getting more than just early access to the company's groundbreaking, all-electric pickup truck.
Early buyers climbing into their trucks for the first time should also find an unexpected perk: An adapter for charging Teslas. The
What use is a
In theory, someone with an F-150 Lightning could swoop in and save a Tesla-owning buddy who has run out of juice on the side of the road. All they have to do is plug one end of the charging cord into an outlet in the pickup's bed and the other into a stranded EV. Since Teslas use a different charging port than all other electric models, they'd need an adapter to successfully help out.
A Ford spokesman confirmed the news to Insider, saying that the included adapter allows F-150 Lightning owners to "lend a hand if needed." He said Ford is throwing in the bonus accessory with its "first Lightnings," but declined to specify how many Lightning buyers will receive the part. Ford started producing the long-awaited truck in April.
Some people called Ford's stunt an attempt to throw shade at Tesla. ("When you run out of battery, we'll rescue you.") But Ford says that's not the point.
"Not a troll. Just helpful," Ford CEO Jim Farley tweeted on Monday.
- I'm a 56-year-old IT worker who got laid off last year and have been unemployed ever since. I have a hunch I'm not finding work due to ageism. How do I prove it?
- Germany relaxes Schengen visa rules for Indians
- Kanye West says he's selling Balenciaga, Adidas, and Gap hoodies for $20 after the companies all cut ties with him
- Revenge spending effect: Household savings dip to 5 -year low
- With no signs yet of inflation cooling, experts predict more rate hikes
- Covid hit mental health of kids, young people harder than thought
- Smog envelops Delhi, AQI remains in 'very poor' category
- Egypt president to be chief guest at Republic Day celebrations
- Tata Aviation
- Visa Platinum Prepaid Card
- Interest Rate on Deposits
- Uniparts IPO
- Air India crew guidelines
- Mukesh Ambani
- tata Consumer
- Asus new Desktop
- Sandhya Devanathans
- Best Companies for Work
- India's Richest People
- Small Cap Companies
- India Pharma
- Tata Tiago cng vs Alto k10 cng
- Top 10 Colleges in India
- Top 10 Airlines in World