Ivanka Trump and Jared Kushner could be on the move - a College Hunks Hauling Junk truck was just spotted outside their Washington, DC, mansion
- A moving truck was spotted outside Ivanka Trump and Jared Kushner's Washington, DC, mansion on Thursday.
- The truck — a College Hunks Hauling Junk vehicle — could very well just be for trash disposal, but it could also suggest that the couple is on the move.
- The pair reportedly dropped $32 million on an empty lot on a high-security private island in Miami last month.
- Known as Miami's "Billionaire Bunker," the tony private island Indian Creek boasts its own police force and a number of ultrawealthy residents, which may soon include the president's daughter and son-in-law.
Jared Kushner and Ivanka Trump have been living in a 7,000-square-foot mansion in the ritzy Kalorama neighborhood of Washington, DC, since early 2017. The residence costs them $15,000 per month in rent and features modern finishes and sky-high ceilings, according to The Wall Street Journal.
Weeks before President-elect Joe Biden's inauguration, they might be moving out of it.
Hunter Walker, a Washington reporter for Yahoo News, posted a photo on Twitter Thursday showing what appears to be a moving truck outside the couple's Kalorama home.
—Hunter Walker (@hunterw) January 7, 2021
The vehicle in question, a bright-orange truck emblazoned with the well-known College Hunks Hauling Junk brand, could very well just amount to the couple getting rid of unwanted items - but it could also signal that the couple is gearing up to leave Washington after Wednesday's insurrection.
Trump received extensive criticism for a tweet during the insurrection that appeared to refer to rioters as "American patriots," which she quickly deleted.
Last month, Kushner and Trump dropped $32 million on an empty lot in Miami's "Billionaire Bunker" private island, Indian Creek, Page Six reported. The island boasts its own police force and a number of superstar residents - the couple bought the property from Julio Iglesias, Page Six said.
The couple would be the latest in a long list of people fleeing big cities for Florida amid the pandemic.
The list includes Kushner's brother Joshua and his wife, the supermodel Karlie Kloss, who bought a $23.5 million mansion nearby in August, Page Six reported. Both properties are within an hour and a half drive of "the winter White House," Mar-a-Lago, where President Donald Trump is expected to decamp to following the end of his term.
The White House didn't immediately respond to a request for comment from Insider.
- A 'hole' 30 times Earth's size has spread across the sun, blasting solar winds that'll hit our planet by end of this week
- A former Twitter engineer said they watched colleagues 'drop like flies' from a virtual meeting during Elon Musk's mass layoffs
- I'm a software engineer who struggled with procrastination until I tried 'monk mode' — here's how it saves me up to 3 hours a day
- Sensex, Nifty50 likely to open a weak note amid mixed global cues: HAL, Reliance Industries, IT stocks in focus on Friday
- Posh neighborhoods, fabulous views, and heated infinity swimming pools: luxury real estate in India is booming
- OnePlus Nord CE 3 Lite 5G and Nord Buds 2 to launch on April 4 – Here’s all you need to know
- Amazon Convertible Fest sale – Best deals on convertible ACs and refrigerators
- Govt intervention critical to remove green financing barriers, IPCC report stresses as we move towards 3.5°C warming