Julia Roberts showed up to an event honoring George Clooney in a dress that had the actor's face all over it
- Julia Roberts honored her friend George Clooney by wearing a gown covered in pictures of the actor.
- Roberts wore the Moschino gown to the Kennedy Center Honors event in Washington, DC, on Sunday.
Julia Roberts wore her heart on her sleeve Sunday when she donned a gown covered in photos of her longtime friend George Clooney to the Kennedy Center Honors event in Washington, DC.
The dress was custom-designed for her by Moschino creative director Jeremy Scott, according to an Instagram post from the actress' stylist Elizabeth Stewart. The frock featured images of the actor throughout his career, such as his role in "ER" and his polka-dot cover for W Magazine's December 2013 art issue, in varying gold frames.
Roberts paired the red-carpet look with a cropped black blazer and silver jewelry.
Roberts appeared to wear a different outfit to a reception for the Kennedy Center honorees held by President Joe Biden earlier in the evening; photos taken Sunday show the actress wearing a sleek black outfit with shiny lapels in the East Room of the White House prior to the ceremony.
Stewart and representatives for Roberts did not immediately respond to Insider's request for comment.
Clooney was honored at Sunday's event alongside musician Gladys Knight, singer-songwriter Amy Grant, composer Tania León, and U2 band members Bono, The Edge, Adam Clayton, and Larry Mullen Jr. at the event. The actor was recognized for his extensive acting career and his philanthropic work.
Roberts and Clooney are longtime friends, with Clooney telling People in 2016 that they first met on the set of the 2001 heist film "Ocean's Eleven." Most recently, the pair costarred in "Ticket to Paradise," a 2022 romantic comedy about a divorced couple who team up to sabotage their daughter's wedding.
The famous pals are known to poke fun at each other on set and play pranks on each other. In an October interview with Good Day Chicago's Jake Hamilton, Roberts revealed she had Clooney saved in her phone as "Batman."
"It's very hard for me to be just straight nice because she'll get me later," Clooney said of Roberts in a speech at the 2013 BAFTA Britannia Awards, according to the New York Daily News. "But (she is) just an amazing mother, an amazing wife and a great, great friend."
- RANKED: The world's 20 strongest militaries
- I quit buying from Amazon 4 years ago. I get better deals on products elsewhere but still have to use their services.
- Gen Z faces more pressure at work than previous generations because technology has eliminated work-life boundaries, a psychology professor says
- Mohammed Shami ruled out of IPL, to undergo ankle surgery
- Here are the 8 eating habits that could upset your stomach
- ED upgrades Look out Circular against BYJU's promoter Byju Raveendran
- 10 Fun things to do in Azerbaijan
- Our priority is to first stabilise Go First, says Sky One chairman