Kat Von D says she's throwing out books about witchcraft and the macabre after a series of other major life changes
- Kat Von D shared an Instagram post about throwing out books that "don't align" with who she is.
- According to a photo she shared, those books discuss witchcraft and the macabre, among other topics.
Kat Von D has made another significant life change.
This seems to be a major departure for Von D, since these themes have long been a part of her aesthetic and brands. Von D's former beauty brand offered a tarot-inspired collection and a black lipstick color named "Witches," for example, and her current shoe line offers a coffin-shaped wallet.
"I've always found beauty in the macabre, but at this point, I just had to ask myself what is my relationship with this content?" she wrote on Instagram. "And the truth is, I just don't want to invite any of these things into our family's lives, even if it comes disguised in beautiful covers, collecting dust on my shelves."
Von D included photos in the post of the books she tossed and opened up about having "pretty meaningful realizations" in recent years, with "many of them revolving around the fact" that she says she "got a lot of things wrong" in her past.
The former makeup mogul also noted that she didn't want her post to seem critical of people who enjoy those topics, despite her feelings about them.
"But right now, it's never been more clear to me that there is a spiritual battle taking place, and I want to surround myself and my family with love and light," she continued.
Von D's announcement might seem surprising since she's widely known for her gothic aesthetic, but the controversial figure has previously discussed other transformations she's made in recent years.
Weeks after selling her shares of her namesake beauty brand in January 2020, Von D started covering tattoos on her arms with black ink. At the time, she said the tattoos "meant nothing" to her, as she got them before becoming sober.
Von D announced in December 2020 that she bought a home in Indiana to escape California's taxes, "terrible policies," and "tyrannical government."
Representatives for Kat Von D did not immediately respond to Insider's request for comment.
- Culinary odyssey: Exploring Kochi's 10 famous cuisines
- Scientists have finally figured out what happened to the lost continent ‘Argoland’ that went missing 155 million years ago
- Revamp your health in 2024: 10 Essential food habits for a better life
- Consistent inflows push small-cap funds AUM past Rs 2 lakh cr mark in Nov
- Ola Electric aims to raise nearly Rs 5,800 cr via IPO, to file DRHP