Kate Middleton attends Wimbledon with Prince William after ending COVID-19 self-isolation
Kate Middletonattended the Wimbledon women's final on Saturday.
- On Monday, Kensington Palace said Middleton entered self-isolation after COVID-19 exposure.
- Middleton and
Prince Williamattended Wimbledon on July 2 and a Euro 2020 match the week before.
On Saturday, the
Kate Middleton wore a bright-green, cap-sleeved dress and sunglasses as she sat next to a suit-clad Prince William. The duchess is a frequent attendee at Wimbledon and is known for making fashion statements at the annual tennis tournament in London.
Middleton took to the court on Saturday to award Wimbledon women's singles champion, Ashleigh Barty of Australia, with the gold Venus Rosewater Dish trophy after she defeated the Czech Republic's Karolina Pliskova.
Middleton's appearance at Wimbledon marked her first public outing since Kensington Palace announced that she entered self-isolation after coming into contact with someone who tested positive for COVID-19.
"Last week The Duchess of Cambridge came into contact with someone who has subsequently tested positive for COVID-19," a palace spokesperson previously told Insider in a statement. "Her Royal Highness is not experiencing any symptoms, but is following all relevant government guidelines and is self-isolating at home."
In May, Middleton received her first dose of the COVID-19 vaccine at London's science museum.
Before isolation, Middleton attended the Wimbledon tournament on July 2, and the week prior, she went to a Euro 2020 match with Prince William and their oldest son, Prince George.
A source close to Kensington Palace told Insider that Middleton takes lateral flow tests twice weekly as part of the royal household's COVID-19 testing procedures. The same source told Insider that both of Middleton's tests before the Euro match and Wimbledon were negative and that the duchess "followed the rules throughout Wimbledon about when to wear a mask."
Prince William also received his COVID-19 vaccine in May, a week before Middleton got hers.
- Elon Musk and more than 1,000 people sign an open letter calling for a pause on training AI systems more powerful than GPT-4
- The good news is, only old office buildings are doomed. The bad news is, that's 70% of them.
- Mobile payments pioneer Paytm ‘deeply rooted in India’ — social media users hail Paytm’s QR strength that powers India’s small merchants
- Musical Marathon: Backstreet Boys to Ultra music fests are ready to rock India in 2023
- IPL 2023 new rules – from two team sheets to impact player, here are the new rules
- Current Account Deficit narrows to 2.2% of GDP in Q3: RBI data
- No festive cheer for auto cos in March: PV sales ‘flattish’, 2Ws to see a slight uptick
- Star Sports gets a tech upgrade for IPL 2023: Dolby Atmos, Real-time Highlights, Ambience-only mode, and more explained