Kate Middleton attends Wimbledon with Prince William after ending COVID-19 self-isolation
Kate Middletonattended the Wimbledon women's final on Saturday.
- On Monday, Kensington Palace said Middleton entered self-isolation after COVID-19 exposure.
- Middleton and
Prince Williamattended Wimbledon on July 2 and a Euro 2020 match the week before.
On Saturday, the
Kate Middleton wore a bright-green, cap-sleeved dress and sunglasses as she sat next to a suit-clad Prince William. The duchess is a frequent attendee at Wimbledon and is known for making fashion statements at the annual tennis tournament in London.
Middleton took to the court on Saturday to award Wimbledon women's singles champion, Ashleigh Barty of Australia, with the gold Venus Rosewater Dish trophy after she defeated the Czech Republic's Karolina Pliskova.
Middleton's appearance at Wimbledon marked her first public outing since Kensington Palace announced that she entered self-isolation after coming into contact with someone who tested positive for COVID-19.
"Last week The Duchess of Cambridge came into contact with someone who has subsequently tested positive for COVID-19," a palace spokesperson previously told Insider in a statement. "Her Royal Highness is not experiencing any symptoms, but is following all relevant government guidelines and is self-isolating at home."
In May, Middleton received her first dose of the COVID-19 vaccine at London's science museum.
Before isolation, Middleton attended the Wimbledon tournament on July 2, and the week prior, she went to a Euro 2020 match with Prince William and their oldest son, Prince George.
A source close to Kensington Palace told Insider that Middleton takes lateral flow tests twice weekly as part of the royal household's COVID-19 testing procedures. The same source told Insider that both of Middleton's tests before the Euro match and Wimbledon were negative and that the duchess "followed the rules throughout Wimbledon about when to wear a mask."
Prince William also received his COVID-19 vaccine in May, a week before Middleton got hers.
- EPFO adds a net 15.62 lakh members in Dec; 8.41 lakh new subscribers join workforce
- Zee Entertainment reaches out to Sony to revive terminated merger
- India's AI market to touch $17-billion by 2027: Nasscom-BCG report
- Worried about 'forever chemicals' in your water? Try electron-beaming it!
- Wetlands in the icy Arctic have begun releasing 9% more planet-warming methane in the past two decades: study