Kate Middleton is reportedly taking over Prince Harry's royal patronages amid rumors of reconciliation
- Kate Middleton is taking over two of
Prince Harry's royal patronages, The Sunday Times reported.
- Harry gave up the patronages earlier this year after announcing he wouldn't return to royal duties.
- Harry's relationship with Prince William and Middleton is thought to be improving.
The Duchess of Cambridge is due to take over two patronages that Prince Harry gave up after his resignation from royal duties, The Sunday Times reported.
The Sunday Times reported that Kate Middleton would become the patron of the Rugby Football Union (RFU) and the Rugby Football League (RFL), with an official announcement to take place before the Rugby World Cup in October.
Harry was the royal patron for both organizations for five years, the publication added. This role involved drawing publicity to the organizations and representing them at official events on behalf of the Queen.
The Duke and Duchess of Sussex said in a statement in February that they would not return to the
Some organizations decided to keep them as patrons after the announcement by removing the word "royal" from their title. Harry is still a patron of WellChild, while the Meghan Markle is still a patron of Smart Works and Mayhew. But the RFU and RFL did not keep Harry as their patron.
Kensington Palace declined to comment when contacted by Insider. The RFU also declined to comment, telling Insider that "any announcement on a Royal Patronage would come from the Royal Household."
Prince Harry, Kate Middleton, and Prince William previously worked together before rumors of a rift
The Sunday Times report did not confirm whether Middleton had been in contact with Harry in regard to the patronage.
If the report is true, this won't be the first time that the pair have worked on the same royal project.
Harry previously worked with Prince William and Middleton on The Royal Foundation before he and Markle resigned in 2019 to start their own charity.
The resignation amplified rumors of a rift between the two couples. Harry appeared to confirm the rift on two occasions, saying in an ITV interview in 2019 and again during his interview with Oprah Winfrey in February that he and William were on "different paths."
Rumors of reconciliation between Harry and the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge surfaced after they were photographed talking to each other after Prince Philip's funeral in April.
But the royal biographer Andrew Morton previously told Insider that "there's a lot of water that's got to go under the bridge" before Harry makes amends with his brother and his father.
- Elizabeth Holmes ordered dinners for Theranos staff but made sure they weren't delivered until after 8 p.m. so they worked late: book
- The CEO of software giant Intuit, which has avoided mass layoffs, says tech firms axed jobs because they misread the pandemic
- I flew cross-country with my 5-month-old son on my lap. Next time, I'm paying full price for him to have his own seat.
- Major train accidents that India witnessed in last 15 years
- Odisha rail crash: Rescuers try to raise buried coach, death toll at 238
- Largest road networks in the world – India beats China to take the second spot
- Manoj Bajpayee joins the league of on-screen lawyers like Pankaj Tripathi, Shriya Pilgaonkar & more
- List of famous things to buy in Lonavala