Kate Middleton was reportedly surprised when Meghan Markle and Prince Harry sent her birthday gifts because she 'wasn't expecting anything from the couple'
- Kate Middleton was reportedly surprised to receive gifts from
Meghan Markleand Prince Harryfor her birthday on January 9.
- An anonymous source told US Weekly that Middleton "wasn't expecting anything from the couple."
- There was reportedly tension between the Sussexes and the Cambridges for some time, with Harry confirming that he and Prince William were "on different paths" in 2019.
- Recent reports suggest that the brothers have been back in touch since Markle and Harry relocated to California last year.
The publication reports that Kate Middleton spoke with her parents and Queen Elizabeth II on the special day, before opening a card and a selection of gifts sent by the Duke and Duchess of Sussex."It was a nice surprise," an anonymous source told the publication. "Kate wasn't expecting anything from the couple."
Harry confirmed rumors of a rift between himself and Prince William during an ITV documentary filmed in October 2019. In the documentary, which was filmed during the couple's royal tour of South Africa, Harry said he and his brother were "on different paths.""Part of this role and part of this job, this family, being under the pressure that it's under, inevitably stuff happens. But look, we're brothers, we'll always be brothers. We're certainly on different paths at the moment but I'll always be there for him and as I know he'll always be there for me," the duke said.
Markle, Harry, Middleton, and William were last photographed together at the Commonwealth Day service at London's Westminster Abbey in March 2020.Although the couples were seen standing and later seated next to each other during the ceremony, photos and video footage from the event shows they did not acknowledge each other or attempt to make conversation. Reports suggest the relationship between the two couples has improved since Harry and Markle relocated to California last year, with Vanity Fair royal correspondent Katie Nicholl previously telling Entertainment Tonight that the brothers had been in touch via video call.
Kensington Palace declined to comment when contacted by Insider.
- IMF projects 11.5% growth rate for India in 2021, only major economy to record double digit growth
- Connaught Place to remain shut as farmers' tractor parade turns violent
- After violent clashes with police, farmers swarm Red Fort
- DMRC closed entry and exit gates of yellow, green, violet and blue lines in surge of farmers protest
- Delhi Police fires tear-gas shells on farmers near Akshardham temple and Sanjay Gandhi Transport Nagar