MacKenzie Scott, the ex-wife of Jeff Bezos, donated $1.7 billion on Wednesday. By Friday, she'd made it all back — and then some.
- MacKenzie Scott (formerly
MacKenzie Bezos) announced Wednesday that she had donated $1.7 billion to 116 different organizations tackling a variety of social issues.
- By Friday afternoon, the value of her stake in Amazon had grown so much that she is is now richer than she was before the gift, according to CNBC's Robert Frank.
- Scott, an author by trade, became a
billionairefollowing her 2019 divorce from Amazon CEO Jeff Bezos. Scott received 25% of Bezos' stake in the e-commerce giant, minus voting control, after helping him found the company in 1997.
- Scott has a net worth of $60.8 billion, per Bloomberg's latest available estimate.
- The value of Amazon shares has skyrocketed during the pandemic, helping Bezos' net worth reach new all-time highs, too.
- The $1.7 billion gift is likely only the start of Scott's philanthropic efforts. She signed the Giving Pledge in 2019.
- Tokyo Olympics: Lovlina Borgohain assures first boxing medal for India by entering semifinals
- Clear(Tax) has planned major acquisitions and hiring for this year, in talks with investors to raise funds
- Tokyo Olympics: India's Deepika Kumari reaches quarterfinals in women's archery
- Friendship Day 2021: Here are a few Indian movies that celebrated friendship
- Today is the last day of Rolex Rings’ ₹731 crore IPO with a price band of ₹880-900