More people with firearms were stopped by TSA in the first 9 months of 2021 than in any of the last 20 years
TSAstopped more people with firearmsat airports in 2021 than in any of the last 20 years.
- By early October, the TSA stopped 4,495 passengers with firearms at security checkpoints.
View all Offers
OnePlus Nord 2 5G (Blue Haze, 8GB RAM, 128GB Storage)₹ 29999₹ 29999Buy On
- 16% OFF
Oppo A16 (Pearl Blue, 4GB RAM, 64GB Storage) with No Cost EMI/Additional Exchange Offers₹ 13490₹ 16990Buy On
- 18% OFF
OPPO A55 (Starry Black, 4GB RAM, 64GB Storage) with No Cost EMI/Additional Exchange Offers₹ 15490₹ 18990Buy On
- 29% OFF
Samsung Galaxy M32 5G (Sky Blue, 6GB RAM, 128GB Storage)₹ 16999₹ 23990Buy On
- 48% OFF
Samsung Galaxy Note 20 (Mystic Bronze, 8GB RAM, 256GB Storage) with No Cost EMI/Additional Exchange Offers₹ 44999₹ 86000Buy On
By early October, the TSA stopped 4,495 passengers who were trying to bring firearms onto an airplane,
For every 1 million passengers who went through a TSA checkpoint, 11 firearms were found in carry-on bags, the agency said, compared to five in every 1 million two years prior.
"The number of firearms that our TSA officers are stopping at airport checkpoints is alarming," said TSA Administrator David Pekoske in a statement.
"Firearms, particularly loaded firearms, introduce an unnecessary risk at checkpoints, have no place in the passenger cabin of an airplane, and represent a very costly mistake for the passengers who attempt to board a flight with them," he added.
According to the agency's website, passengers are allowed to transport firearms in checked baggage if they are declared to the airlines ahead of time and packaged in a locked casing.
If a passenger brings a firearm to an airport checkpoint, the TSA said penalties vary based on if the gun is loaded and the number of past offenses.
- WhatsApp won’t work on these phones from November 1: Check the full list
- Shiba Inu hits another all-time-high — now more valuable than Adani Enterprises, Tata Steel and Tech Mahindra
- Shiba Inu is not only bigger than Dogecoin — it’s now bigger than XRP, Polkadot and USD Coin as the seventh-biggest player in the market
- IRCTC will lose a chunk of its revenue to the Indian government starting next month
- EaseMyTrip makes its first acquisition in 13 years to strengthen its hotel offerings
- Portugal''s political fate uncertain after govt budget defeat
- Battlegrounds Mobile India gets Dune-themed rewards in new crossover
- YouTube is the most-used social media platform by influencers in India: AnyTag report