Nicola Coughlan gave a nod to her 'Bridgerton' character with her Golden Globes look
- Nicola Coughlan wore an outfit that nodded to her "Bridgerton" character Penelope Featherington.
- The star wore a pastel-yellow tulle dress with diamond jewelry and a black cardigan for the event.
- This story contains spoilers for "Bridgerton" season one.
"Bridgerton" star Nicola Coughlan wore a number of eye-catching outfits to play Penelope Featherington in the first season of the hit Netflix series, and she's quickly becoming a style icon off camera.
Joining a number of celebrities who shared their red-carpet looks on social media, the "Bridgerton" actor posted a photo of her look in an Instagram post, captioned "#GoldenGlobes from home, but make it a moment."
The actor did just that, pairing a tulle dress by British designer Molly Goddard with diamond jewelry by De Beers and a black cardigan by Ply-Knits. Her makeup - a pop of pink eye shadow for color - was simple, and she wore a trio of green bobby pins in her hair for a runway-ready look.
Goddard's empire-line "Savannah" dress features in the designer's spring/summer 2021 collection. The gown is reminiscent of something Coughlan's character Penelope, who wears various dresses in yellow shades throughout "Bridgerton," might have in her wardrobe.
In the playful video, Coughlan appears with a feathered quill and paper in true Lady Whistledown style, and as she notices that she's been caught writing, she throws both behind her and poses for the camera.
Coughlan's stylist Aimee Croysdill, who has styled a host of stars including Michaela Cole and Daniel Radcliffe, often prepares for awards season with her clients well ahead of time.
"Everything is such a collaborative process," Croysdill told British Vogue in a a 2017 interview, when asked about her approach to working with celebrity clients. "I'm a massive fan of continuity and telling a story, so having lots of conversations is key."
Representatives for Croysdill didn't immediately respond to Insider's request for comment on Coughlan's look.
It's not the first time the "Bridgerton" star has strutted the red carpet in the Regency style. For London Fashion Week in February, Coughlan wore a pearl-embroidered, puffy-sleeved dress - another ode to "Bridgerton's" historical style.
Although "Bridgerton" didn't receive any Golden Globe nominations, Coughlan appeared to have fun referencing her character from the show with her red-carpet look - and we'll be seeing more looks from Penelope next season.
- Key investors move NCLT against Byju's rights issue, firm says yet to get any petition
- Samsung launches new fitness tracker Galaxy Fit3 in India
- Jio Financial Services' shares hit 52-week high; mcap hit ₹2.2 lakh crore
- Climate-smart villages to come up in Tamil Nadu to protect state's agriculture against climate change
- iQOO Neo 9 Pro vs OnePlus 12R – which mid-range phone should you buy?