Nordstrom is selling used Disney theme-park clothes for more than $100, but most of them aren't worth that much money
- Nordstrom is selling a curated line of vintage Disney merchandise on its website.
- Some fans have been surprised to find that the T-shirts and sweatshirts cost between $65 and $150.
- The shirts seemingly aren't worth that much money; you can buy them much cheaper on sites like eBay.
The retailer announced its digital, Disney-themed pop-up shop as part of its Pop-In@Nordstrom series via a tweet on Friday afternoon. Nordstrom said the collection includes "handpicked and custom-made treasures," all of which celebrate Mickey Mouse and his cartoon friends.
Some shoppers, however, were quickly taken aback after seeing that the used garments - many of which can be found at thrift stores and on websites like eBay - are listed at prices between $65 and $150.
-Nordstrom (@Nordstrom) July 23, 2021
Many shared their thoughts about the collection on Twitter. While some said they considered buying pieces from the line, others criticized the company's prices.
-lauren (@laurenren013) July 25, 2021
-k a y l e y (@KayleyHamilton) July 25, 2021
-❤️ (@oneuvakind) July 23, 2021
-corey (@coreyseancash) July 24, 2021
Though it's unclear as to how Nordstrom priced its new Disney collection, some of the pieces featured in it have been upcycled - or made into new garments with old fabrics.
There's the $150 Unisex Upcycled Mickey Walt Disney World t-shirt, which Nordstrom describes as being made from "multiple pre-loved Disney pieces" that create "a uniquely crafted Walt Disney World tee with Mickey Mouse as the centerpiece."
Other shirts in the collection, however, are secondhand and have seemingly not been altered since the previous owner wore them. In the product description for the now sold-out $150 Unisex Secondhand Walt Disneyworld 25th Anniversary sweatshirt, Nordstrom says the gray pullover has "unique wear that adds to its appeal."
Representatives for Nordstrom and Disney did not immediately respond to Insider's request for comment.
Unfortunately for fans, many of the vintage Disney shirts seen on Nordstrom's website seemingly aren't worth as much money as their price tag. In fact, identical items and some similar to them can be purchased secondhand for much cheaper prices.
- Samsung announces co-branded credit card in partnership with Axis Bank and Visa
- From Mandira Bedi to Yuvraj Singh, here are celebrity homes you can book for staycations
- Top 10 cities that are home to the richest Indians
- Hero Electric to set up ₹1,200 crore EV manufacturing plant in Rajasthan
- Apple starts manufacturing iPhone 14 in India
- Amazon Festival Sale
- Rice and Pulses
- IIT Guwahati
- Apple Tablets in Amazon Sale
- Biggest Billionaires
- Sundar Pichai
- Home Loan
- Vinod Shantilal Adani
- Amazon Festival Sale
- Accenture earnings forecast
- India's Richest People
- Best 5G Smartphone
- Upcoming Smartphone in 2022
- Top 10 Colleges in India
- Top 10 Airlines in World