Queen Elizabeth has been advised to rest for 2 weeks as she swaps in-person engagements for video appearances
Queen Elizabeth IIhas been asked by doctors to rest for another two weeks.
- Her Majesty will not be able to attend the Festival of Remembrance on November 13.
Queen Elizabeth's royal engagements will take place virtually for the time being.
Her Majesty's doctors have advised her to continue resting for at least the next two weeks,
"The doctors have advised that Her Majesty can continue to undertake light, desk-based duties during this time, including some virtual audiences, but not to undertake any official visits," the statement said.
The Queen won't be able to attend the Festival of Remembrance on November 13, but the statement did state that she has a "firm intention" of being present for the National Service of Remembrance on November 14.
Buckingham Palace announced on Tuesday that the Queen will not be attending the United Nations Climate Change Conference in November.
On October 20, the Queen canceled an engagement in Northern Ireland after "reluctantly" accepting medical advice to rest. The cancellation was announced just one week after Her Majesty was photographed using a cane in public for the first time since 2003.
The BBC later reported that the Queen spent a night in the hospital for some "preliminary investigations." She returned to Windsor Castle the next day and was in "good spirits," according to the Palace.
The Queen's latest virtual royal engagement took place on Friday when she held a video call with the 2020 winner of The Queen's Gold Medal for Poetry, David Constantine, from Windsor Castle, as People reported.
"I'm very glad to have the chance to see you, if only mechanically, this morning," the Queen said, according to People.
- A 'hole' 30 times Earth's size has spread across the sun, blasting solar winds that'll hit our planet by end of this week
- A former Twitter engineer said they watched colleagues 'drop like flies' from a virtual meeting during Elon Musk's mass layoffs
- I'm a software engineer who struggled with procrastination until I tried 'monk mode' — here's how it saves me up to 3 hours a day
- OnePlus Nord CE 3 Lite 5G and Nord Buds 2 to launch on April 4 – Here’s all you need to know
- Amazon Convertible Fest sale – Best deals on convertible ACs and refrigerators
- Govt intervention critical to remove green financing barriers, IPCC report stresses as we move towards 3.5°C warming
- BYJU's set to raise $250 million, at a lower valuation
- Piramal Realty inks deal with Jio-bp to install EV charging stations at its properties